which tank would you pick?

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IM Nuvo 14 and a Nuvo 20 with IM stands. Both are great tanks. Great build quality

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would anybody pick 20 long aqueon with fiji cube aio drop in kit for $230 over IM 15g cube $150?
I have one. There is a huge gap on one side because it doesn’t fit perfectly. you have to really think it through when gluing everything down. I like it but use it as a WT tank.

OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I just couldn't pass up the $99 price for an IM tank, even the girl at my LFS said yeah they make great tanks so I may snag one myself for that price. I'm probably going to use it as an upgrade to my EVO but who knows I may set up a separate tank all together. I just finished cycling a Waterbox 35.2 and am working on overhauling my JBJ 25 gallon so as you can see I suffer from MTS or Multiple Tank Syndrome. I have a secondary EVO that I picked up for cheap but that one is going to my son's house for his first tank. The next tank that I purchase will be at least 90 gallons and fish only but I've got some work to do before I get that far.
Lol oh wow... didn't realize your dire disease of MTS haha

I have the IM Nuvo 14 and a Nuvo 20 with IM stands. Both are great tanks. Great build quality
You wouldn't pick a 20L with aio drop in kit over IM 15g?
I have one. There is a huge gap on one side because it doesn’t fit perfectly. you have to really think it through when gluing everything down. I like it but use it as a WT tank.
Yeah I noticed a few people mentioned that space issue and also the kit sometime doesn't sit well on the tank ... also I'm a bit OCD lol, worry about doing a clean silicone line up lol

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure other companies make AIO kits. Perhaps they are better...this one seems custom so you can specify exactly what you want for chambers or what not...

I know these guys used to make them too

Last edited:

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a
intiially I was thinking of doing 20L with fiji cube aio drop in kit but noticed some people wasn't a fan of it and rather get an actual aio tank. which one would you pick out of the 3 options?

1. Fluval 13.5g - $249.99 CDN

size: 22” x 11.5” x 15”

I know pretty much have to remove the lid eventually, upgrade the light, filtration and pump. the only thing worth keeping is pretty much just the tank itself, I assumed

I don't get why fluval have the bigger area than IM cube since they have the same height. fluval have less gallon with 13.5 than IM with 15g

2. IM fusion cube 15g - preorder sale for $150 CDN

size: 15” x 15” x 15”

Built-in Acrylic Overflow Wall
Integrated Emergency Overflow
(1) - Removable 200 Micron Filter Sock
(1) - Adjustable 130 GPH DC Return Pump 5W/24V
Includes: Flexible hose, Return Elbow and Directional Flow Nozzle

3. Reef Casa studio 12g - it a new company, came out in august, created by a LFS, no reviews yet on them so i'm not sure yet

size: 15” x 16” x 11”

two situation directions.. tank/ light only or starter kit package with the tank

- just the tank with these items list below is $209 CDN… or add light option: $249 beam light, $299 halo light or $569 AI prime 16hd plus 18” mount

https://reefcasa.com/product/reef-casa-studio-12-all-in-one-aquarium/
3 x Custom sized filter floss squares (76mmx76mm)
1 x 75g Bag of high purity carbon
1 x Self levelling matt
1 x Return pump (200 gallons/hour)
1 x Plumbing for Return Pump
1 x Directional nozzle

- it a starter kit package for the tank … everything you see below plus one of the light options: $449CDN with beam light, $499 with halo light or $749 with AI prime black

1 x Studio 12 All In One Aquarium ( Includes Self levelling matt, Return pump (200 gallons/hour), Plumbing for Return Pump, Directional nozzle)
6lbs of Reef Casa Sand (1” Coverage)
9-10lbs Dry Rock
1 x Bottle of Ammonia Chloride (12 gallon premeasured)
1 x xBottle Life Bacteria (12 gallon premeasured)
1 x 50ml Seachem Prime Water Conditioner
1 x 50w Heater (120v/North American Socket)
1 x Battery Operate Digital Thermometer
1 x 16 Gallon Of Reef Salt
1 x Salt Measuring Hydrometer
3 Month Supply Of Filter Floss
3 Month Supply of Activated Carbon
Reef Casa Bacteria Hotel Blocks
Does the IM 15 pre order come with a return pump for $100?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it just marketing scheme generate buzz... once it release to the public... price gonna jack up to maybe double

I am a bit doubtful. IM tanks used to sell for around that price before they were pro's. I paid $99 for my IM10g. Basically it comes with a more basic return pump, a sock instead of a basket and no lid. They later upgraded the extras and then increased the price and called it a "pro".

The 15g is basically a throwback to the originals. However if someone buys a 15g and is happy with the quality... they may upgrade to a larger tank later and buy a IM Pro 30 or whatever. A cheap tank may be a good way to introduce new reefers to the brand.

OP
OP
T

The Deaf Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a bit doubtful. IM tanks used to sell for around that price before they were pro's. I paid $99 for my IM10g. Basically it comes with a more basic return pump, a sock instead of a basket and no lid. They later upgraded the extras and then increased the price and called it a "pro".

The 15g is basically a throwback to the originals. However if someone buys a 15g and is happy with the quality... they may upgrade to a larger tank later and buy a IM Pro 30 or whatever.
I assumed before covid19 tho? Supply, gas/shipping and inflation make prices go up

Ahh I see...maybe $150

You paid $100 for 10g... this one is 15g, gotta worth more with the added volume

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assumed before covid19 tho? Supply, gas/shipping and inflation make prices go up

Ahh I see...maybe $150

You paid $100 for 10g... this one is 15g, gotta worth more with the added volume

It is just a few more inches of glass. 12x15x13 vs 15x15x15. It is not much different.

Their whole slogan on it right now is "vintage price" - I am sure it will go up eventually.. .some.. or be discontinued. Stuff always changes but I doubt it is a trick.

Last edited:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

squirrel GIF by GamerLink

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back