White spots on clove polyp

chemicals

Organic Chemist
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2021
Messages
75
Reaction score
37
Location
Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

today I noticed some white spots on my clove polyp. It kinda looks like zoa pox. Does anyone have experience with this?

thanks
8C9D6C04-C275-445D-B122-1013DBD55B7B.jpeg
 
They almost look like they are a part of the coral. Is anything nipping at it possibly? Also bump because I am curious now as well :) Best of luck!
 
Thanks for the replies! It’s not that clear in the picture but it look like some kind of fungus infection. They are small bumps, kinda like how ich looks on fish. I did a iodine dip yesterday, but so far it looks the same. I will do another iodine dip tomorrow and if it wont help I might try a nitrofurazone treatment (furan 2). I’ll post some updates incase someone encounters the same problem in the future. I’ll also try to make some better pictures tomorrow.
 
In this picture you can see it a little better. I can scratch it off/open with my nail but feels like thats gonna do more harm then good.
C7DF8248-9F3C-457D-9301-342E5D934509.jpeg
 
Yeah could be something similar but luckily my zoas don’t seem to be affected (yet ). I ordered a bottle of nitrofurazone since Furan 2 is not available anymore. I got a 250 mL 0.2% solution, should be fine for corals aswell. Only contains water, PEG 300/1500 and nitrofurazone (0.2%). Will start treating it with that when I won’t see any improvements after todays iodine dip.
 
Yeah could be something similar but luckily my zoas don’t seem to be affected (yet ). I ordered a bottle of nitrofurazone since Furan 2 is not available anymore. I got a 250 mL 0.2% solution, should be fine for corals aswell. Only contains water, PEG 300/1500 and nitrofurazone (0.2%). Will start treating it with that when I won’t see any improvements after todays iodine dip.
any luck with treatment? looks like my zoas have it now..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new