White stringy critter

jackalexander

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
378
Reaction score
173
Location
Ventura
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these white/brown stringy things on a couple of different rocks. It sort of looks like a feather duster but super super thin. Anyone have any suggestions?
B578D6E7-B54B-4ADA-A776-03D2AC4CF61D.jpeg
sorry for the bad photo quality. It’s just hard to capture a good picture of these guys..
 
anything to worry about?
I don’t know honestly...I had the star type of hydroid you see on the glass in a tank before and they seemed to go away over a month or so then never came back...I’d just search threads for other people’s experiences.
 
I don’t know honestly...I had the star type of hydroid you see on the glass in a tank before and they seemed to go away over a month or so then never came back...I’d just search threads for other people’s experiences.
I had the exact same thing and those suckers haven’t gone away yet.. I was told that practically every reef gets em so it’s not much to worry about but I just didn’t know about the digitate ones. thank you!
 
anything to worry about?
Nothing to worry about and no they are not standard digitate (Zanclea) hydroids, i can't quite tell if they are a thecate or athecate species from the distance of the photo but most hydroids do not become an issue
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new