Who Gave Her a Big Girl Tank?! helen ann's 56g Reef Savvy!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Pic!
Dwarf Angel? ... Name?

Not sure anyone answered this for you ... Centropyge joculator, the Cocos Island angelfish. Not common, apparently - and a long, long way from "affordable" . . .

~Bruce, who has never seen one with his own eyes . . . but is glad to see that "Mr. Cutie" showed up before his momma _really_ started to panic!

OP
OP
helen ann

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure anyone answered this for you ... Centropyge joculator, the Cocos Island angelfish. Not common, apparently - and a long, long way from "affordable" . . .

~Bruce, who has never seen one with his own eyes . . . but is glad to see that "Mr. Cutie" showed up before his momma _really_ started to panic!
Thank YOU!:)
Everyone ignored me!!!:rolleyes:
Me Panic?!??! Naaaaaaaaaa!!!! I only checked that tank every 10 minutes all night!!! :rolleyes:

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Pic!
Dwarf Angel? ... Name?

Ok. Since I was daft this morning, here are some other pygmies I've liked. The above isn't a joculator, for the life of me I can't remember his name, BUT[emoji115] here are a few more I've liked.
IMG_2240.JPG
IMG_2241.JPG

This last one is a true joculator.
IMG_2242.JPG

I've kept pygmies in reef setups before and never had a problem. I'm not saying they haven't had issues with nipping, I've just never had any myself. It's kind of like sixlines, 15 years ago I never had issues with them being aggressive. I had three at one point. But now, this joker I've got in the tank is a complete punk.

Elementalj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This pretty ... :eek::eek::eek:
upload_2016-12-3_20-20-49.png

This is the one I have my eye on ... but scared he gonna eat my corals!:rolleyes:
upload_2016-12-3_20-22-14.png

And he's so tiny! I love it!

AND he's from Vanuatu, I just love that name, Vanuatu.

I'd keep some rather foul tasting corals if you plan on getting him.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back