Who's interested in beta testing my Amazon Alexa / APEX skill?

Jtrevino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I've been working on an Alexa skill that allows you to use voice commands to control outlets on your APEX controller. I think the app is ready for some real world testing, so I'll need some daring participants to test it out.

Here are a few live demos from my last build:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BX0OOv5lJzP/?taken-by=nullreef
https://www.instagram.com/p/BX0N2WEFESY/?taken-by=nullreef

For anyone that's interested in testing this skill, I only ask that you report back any bugs, comments, or concerns that you have with the app. I will have to add testers on a per-person basis, and all that's required is an active email address.

Let me know if you're interested!
Hi joe
How do I become a apex/Alexa tester?

OP
OP
Joe Carioti

Joe Carioti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is this available?!?!?
I would really like this!!!!!

We’re working on making this public as soon as possible. We’re really just waiting on Amazon certification to put it into the Amazon skill store. I have no estimates for when that will be complete.

Hi joe
How do I become a apex/Alexa tester?

There’s no need for extra testers. This will be available to everyone soon.

Douglas Turley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I've been working on an Alexa skill that allows you to use voice commands to control outlets on your APEX controller. I think the app is ready for some real world testing, so I'll need some daring participants to test it out.

Here are a few live demos from my last build:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BX0OOv5lJzP/?taken-by=nullreef
https://www.instagram.com/p/BX0N2WEFESY/?taken-by=nullreef

For anyone that's interested in testing this skill, I only ask that you report back any bugs, comments, or concerns that you have with the app. I will have to add testers on a per-person basis, and all that's required is an active email address.

Let me know if you're interested!
I would like to give it a try
Doug

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to install and configure it, but it seems to have a bug in the Status Report:

Me: Alexa, tell Apex Fusion to give me a status report.

Alexa: "Temperature is 78.6 degrees and PH is 8.29. I'm sorry, there was a problem. Please try again."

OP
OP
Joe Carioti

Joe Carioti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

r2odie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Thank you Joe for all your hard work and dedication with this!!

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to install and configure it, but it seems to have a bug in the Status Report:

Me: Alexa, tell Apex Fusion to give me a status report.

Alexa: "Temperature is 78.6 degrees and PH is 8.29. I'm sorry, there was a problem. Please try again."
Thanks for resolving this issue Joe!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set mine up to do status reports etc. very cool.

I’m not planning on controlling anything crazy because she has problems with Scottish accents, but I do like having a status update when I walk into the fishroom.

Is there a way to configure it so if BOB switches are open, it doesn’t report status, but if, say, my skimmate container is full and it’s switch is closed, it’ll report it?

Right now, it’s listing all the switches as open, but I’d rather hear it’s status only if it was closed.

Thanks

cardiffgiant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two things that I've learned about it are that it likes to be told to "ask apexfusion to..." instead of "tell apexfusion to...". .And that I need to spit out my request quickly or it starts giving me the "Welcome to apexfusion" intro.

I love being able to give audio commands to turn pumps and reactors off and on while doing maintenance.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two things that I've learned about it are that it likes to be told to "ask apexfusion to..." instead of "tell apexfusion to...". .And that I need to spit out my request quickly or it starts giving me the "Welcome to apexfusion" intro..

Everyone seems to have a slightly different interaction with Alexa. 'Tell' works best for me, I say 'Apex Fusion' with a hard emphasis on the 'A', and I don't use any prepositions at all, I just phrase everything as a command. Close to 100% recognition of all types of commands at this point.

OP
OP
Joe Carioti

Joe Carioti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is having issues with Alexa understanding commands, send me a PM and I'll get some more information from you. I'm working with Amazon support to try to minimize the times where Alexa completely misses the Apex Fusion command. It's affecting us a little more than I would like.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set mine up to do status reports etc. very cool.

I’m not planning on controlling anything crazy because she has problems with Scottish accents, but I do like having a status update when I walk into the fishroom.

Is there a way to configure it so if BOB switches are open, it doesn’t report status, but if, say, my skimmate container is full and it’s switch is closed, it’ll report it?

Right now, it’s listing all the switches as open, but I’d rather hear it’s status only if it was closed.

Thanks

Bump?

Think this could be really useful

reddog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome!! Is there a way to bypass the initial "ask Apex Fusion" yet?

Thanks!

reddog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome!! Is there a way to bypass the initial "ask Apex Fusion" yet?

Thanks!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back