Apex Fusion for Alexa

Joe Carioti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of today, the official Apex Fusion skill for Alexa has been released. To enable voice commands, search for the skill in the store or follow this link:
https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#skills/dp/B07J1F2V8W/?ref=skill_dsk_skb_sr_0&qid=1538782940

A new voice configuration page has been added to Apex Fusion (look for the microphone icon) that allows you to set up your customized status report and give outlets and inputs Alexa-friendly names.

Check out the FAQs for more detailed setup instructions:
https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?24464-Amazon-Alexa-Integration-with-APEX-Fusion-FAQ

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This just was announced today, you may need to wait for a few days:)

OP
OP
Joe Carioti

Joe Carioti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why’s that? The skill is live in all English speaking regions (the Canadian store is still waiting to be certified).

Are you having issues getting it to work?

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is working but you have to tell alexa to open fusion then when you tell her to do something in fusion it then closes the fusion app.

A NOY ING

OP
OP
Joe Carioti

Joe Carioti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is working but you have to tell alexa to open fusion then when you tell her to do something in fusion it then closes the fusion app.

A NOY ING

That's not true. You can say "Alexa, ask Apex Fusion to start feed mode A." or "Alexa, ask Apex Fusion for a status report". You do not need to open the app first (although that is a valid way to use it).

Every single command supports a single interaction besides the test logging stuff. I've been using it that way for months :)

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the voice configuration page, it says BETA. I checked the app store, and fusion app was last updated 9 months ago and there are no new updates.
is the configuration page contents coming from a neptune server or in the app? so is this a fully function release or a BETA release?

OP
OP
Joe Carioti

Joe Carioti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the voice configuration page, it says BETA. I checked the app store, and fusion app was last updated 9 months ago and there are no new updates.
is the configuration page contents coming from a neptune server or in the app? so is this a fully function release or a BETA release?

Updates to the UI come through without needing to download an app update.

The BETA tag is specifically for the voice configuration page & voice commands as they're both new UI/UX that are completely different from anything else in Apex Fusion and could end up evolving over time as we see opportunity for improvement. Despite the BETA tag, this release is a fully functional voice control implementation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joe Carioti

Joe Carioti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the tip, working better now.

however, Alexa, tell Apex fusion to clean my sand bed is still not working.

"Clean" isn't a keyword for this skill. The keywords are variations of start, stop, restart, turn on, turn off, switch on, switch off, switch to auto. If you create an alias for your VO or feed mode and call it "cleaning the sand", you can say "Alexa, ask Apex Fusion to start cleaning the sand".

Some good alias examples I've seen so far have been "photo mode", "maintenance mode", and "a water change". These users can say things like "Alexa, ask Apex Fusion to turn on photo mode" or "Alexa, ask Apex Fusion to start a water change" for example.

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just set up "meal time" ~ very cool. And, I controlling two is doable too. Nice added feature and a great reason to get an apex

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty cool.. nice work.. just hate to keep alexa on 24/7 never know who is listening or if a forgot to hang up that last call...

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok.. so i just told alexa to log a alkalinity.. it then asked me what the measurment was.. I told it 14 .. it then asked for measurment i said dkh.. and it said ok logged.. herre is the totally cool part.. it told be my dkh was 6 points lower six days ago.. Very cool....

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish we could tell it to take a basic note... like "cleaned turf scrubber"

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back