Why can't I edit?

Gilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be able to update the pictures in the first post of nano build thread but there is no edit button. At the bottom of the thread under permissions it says: "You may not edit your posts". Do I need more posts before I can edit? Thanks.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to be a supporting member to edit. You may also need a certain number of posts also, I'm not sure on that

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supporting Members do have a longer period of time, in which to edit. Regular membership is limited to 5 minutes. That usually gives a person time to review their post, find and correct any typos...haha.

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to chime in here and add my 2cents. So I started a post for my tank, now that I have updated my tank so why wouldn't I be allowed to update the original post to keep my tank thread up to date? Seems silly to only have 5 minutes to make changes. This seems to be the only web forum with this hindrance.

example; it was pointed out that what I put in as a description for a starfish was incorrect and now I'll never be able to fix what it actually is in the picture??

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a member of many forums but none of the ones I use have unlimited editing.

If you make an error and it's past the time to edit you can use the report button and ask a mod to fix it for you.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a member of nano reef. I'm sure there are many forums out there that allow unlimited edits. R2R isn't the only one that doesn't though. It's not unusual to have some type of time limit on forums to edit. If you need to edit something past the time limit we will be glad to help.

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a member of nano reef. I'm sure there are many forums out there that allow unlimited edits. R2R isn't the only one that doesn't though. It's not unusual to have some type of time limit on forums to edit. If you need to edit something past the time limit we will be glad to help.

cool thanks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back