!!WHY DID I WAIT THIS LONG, RC POISON ENVY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, it was about 2012 or so. Jose Cassas had just become a sponsor here on R2R as Reefers Cove! And he was about to release a something extra special. Now realize even back just a few years ago, we weren't seeing much yellow in our sps. It was still one of those colors that I'd jump on any chance I could get. Truly a rare find then more so than today by a lot.

So it was without any hesitation that I contacted him immediately after I saw the thread he first showcased this amazing acro in. Now, almost three years later, this has become one of the coolest sps in my entire collection. A blazing red orange body with real yellow tips that wash into blue new growth! Just as stunning as ever, and one of the highlights of my small and very selective personal display. Grown from a 1/4" nub I took off the original frag.

I honestly have no idea why it took me so long to showcase this beauty, but here's the colony I keep in that display. Admittedly not the greatest pic as I had to go handheld for this one but a good representation nonetheless. A long overdue exhibition.

Last edited:

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it was about 2012 or so. Jose Cassas had just become a sponsor here on R2R as Reefers Cove! And he was about to release a something extra special. Now realize even back just a few years ago, we weren't seeing much yellow in our sps. It was still one of those colors that I'd jump on any chance I could get. Truly a rare find then more so than today by a lot.

So it was without any hesitation that I contacted him immediately after I saw the thread he first showcased this amazing acro in. Now, almost three years later, this has become one of the coolest sps in my entire collection. A blazing red orange body with real yellow tips that wash into blue new growth! Just as stunning as ever, and one of the highlights of my small and very selective personal display. Grown from a 1/4" nub I took off the original frag.

I honestly have no idea why it took me so long to showcase this beauty, but here's the colony I keep in that display. Admittedly not the greatest pic as I had to go handheld for this one but a good representation nonetheless. A long overdue exhibition.

Looks sweet! To be honest of all the corals I got from you this is one of the few I can't make happy. Any tips on placement? Your colony looks amazing!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks sweet! To be honest of all the corals I got from you this is one of the few I can't make happy. Any tips on placement? Your colony looks amazing!

Sorry to hear it for sure. I have found this guy prefers a little less light actually. I have him on the sand ben in my DT, and off to the sides in the prop tanks. Maybe try lowering its little and see if that helps.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know and exactly what I expected. In fact it's always looked rather bleached out. Tips are yellowish but base is really faded despite being in a lower light area. I did notice when I expanded my lighting the bleachiness got worse. I will move it and hopefully be back to report improvement in a month or 2. Thanks!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Good to know and exactly what I expected. In fact it's always looked rather bleached out. Tips are yellowish but base is really faded despite being in a lower light area. I did notice when I expanded my lighting the bleachiness got worse. I will move it and hopefully be back to report improvement in a month or 2. Thanks!!

lol finally getting back to this one! how's it doing of you now? I guess its been an ample amount of time :)

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks exactly the same lol! No growth, no color, still alive. A turbo snail knocked it loose a couple of months ago so I transferred it to my frag rack.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks exactly the same lol! No growth, no color, still alive. A turbo snail knocked it loose a couple of months ago so I transferred it to my frag rack.

Ah shoot stubborn son of a gun:(

DaveRaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bleached my frag badly with too much light but salvaged three tiny tiny little bits and glued to a rock. It recovered nicely. Still only about a big as my pinky finger nail but it's growing! And the colors look real nice. I have it about 22" under a 8 bulb T5.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 100 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back