WHY DO GREEN CORALS GET SUCH A BAD RAP?!?!

I feel that so many corals come in green and they have amazing color but when setting up my tank I hit my green max fast and after avoided green to balance my tank with other colors. Still looking for more yellow and blue.
 
I love the old fashion Green Slimer! I think every tank should have one.

OG Green slimmer is actually a really coral that you don't see too often any more. The growth structure is amazing!!

50271953471_b92fc0e4d6_c.jpg
 
I didn’t know that green corals were considered a “not preferred” coral. To me they are bright and add to the tank. There are several that work well for those of us that enjoy our tanks but require a bit less on the side of daily fussing. We can enjoy our tanks without knowing what is trending. I also love the softies that give movement to the tank.
 
I have just started the process of adding corals to my new 240. I never thought about this before, but boy there sure is a lot of green out there. After adding my first batch of corals, I looked at the tank and realized I needed other colors besides green. What isn’t green? Plenty of non green zoas out there, but I wanted to add some movement, and it seems like all the euphyllia is green!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new