Why don't WE set prices?

Mr. Ugly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can set up a small group of people for propping the high end zoas to sell at lower prices. Then the market will adjust accordingly.

Even better, do something like what we have set up at our club:

http://www.bareefers.org/bar/viewforum.php?f=17

It's a kind of 'pay it forward" propagation activity with the intent to propagate cool and not so cool corals.

Would be cool to have a club-zoa version of that.

Marine Flora

marine planted tanks
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i remember the acan craze. i never shelled out that kinda bucks for em. a buddy of mines did... he totally regrets it cuz the price dropped dramatically within a week. i love the look of acans but not willing to shell out that much per polyp. :)

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Ugly said:
You can set up a small group of people for propping the high end zoas to sell at lower prices. Then the market will adjust accordingly.

Even better, do something like what we have set up at our club:

http://www.bareefers.org/bar/viewforum.php?f=17

It's a kind of 'pay it forward" propagation activity with the intent to propagate cool and not so cool corals.

Would be cool to have a club-zoa version of that.

create a new thread about this topic, and we'll definitely look into it :)

i am proud to say i never bought into the acan craze. :) i just got my first acans a couple of weeks ago for free in a trade. i dont see the big deal.

i remember the ricordia craze of 2years ago also, i thought that was absolutely ridiculous. and prices are still higher than they were before the craze, at about $20/polyp for a florida ric.

i think its funny how you look on RC, and people want to trade their prized superman/sunset monti's, acans, and micros for these ultra colored hot zoas on the market now ;)

you could barely give away any zoas several years ago :lol:

Shultz

Spiderman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
surfn said:
i think its funny how you look on RC, and people want to trade their prized superman/sunset monti's, acans, and micros for these ultra colored hot zoas on the market now ;)

you could barely give away any zoas several years ago :lol:

Most reefers in germany still consider Zoa's ugly pests!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cheers Shelton.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could understand not selling and trading only. Although, for the moment at least, that would leave me out completely... :( But I could understand it and frankly I'd still come here just to talk to you all and see your pics. Unless of course, you'd trade me for a million other polyps of other zoas besides the super cool ones, for your super cool ones, which prolly isn't gonna happen LOL. *sigh*

:D
Laurie

Mr. Ugly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm getting offers of some very nice micromussa for some of my zoas :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back