OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Realistic image of a Jf Homewrecker
No editing or fancy blue/uv lighting. This what mine really looks like in my normal lighting spectrum.
FA99B8F9-A01E-4C0F-90F5-D377F06A946E.jpeg
good pic!!! what one in front off it? That looks nice too

OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of these depend how blue you like your tank. I like a whiter look and honestly have spend a lot of money on various acros and even chalices that wow, turn on blues heavy and are amazing, but look very ordinary under now I prefer to run my lighting. I think it’s jaded me a bit
I used to be very white like 10-14k spectrum for 6 hours a day, then 14 - 20k for 4 hours and blues for maybe 2-3. This time im gonna try more 14k look with blues still around 2-3 hours
I run alot of par like 800 to about 300 though as all channels run at 100% on orpheks for the 3 hours

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the tiniest frag of it when it first appeared in the UK and it is still very very small. It also has very little colour but I am hopeful as it gets larger things may start to colour up. I paid £80 at the time for it and honestly it was minute. Pretty disappointed but still hopeful.

OP
OP
Dlealrious

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the tiniest frag of it when it first appeared in the UK and it is still very very small. It also has very little colour but I am hopeful as it gets larger things may start to colour up. I paid £80 at the time for it and honestly it was minute. Pretty disappointed but still hopeful.
heard it very slow, frag i mean nub i can get is to small but i think it will be a long time before larger size frags are around as most ppl here cant keep acro haha

Sarlindescent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost a bunch of my sticks in the move, but the biggest benefit the HW has is the brightness. It is brighter thank my 24k lepto and JF yellow green hydno. Those were the 3 corals I had that if I adjusted the ISO for them, the rest of the tank looked dark. If I adjusted the ISO for the rest of the tank, the 24k and HW looked blown out. Add the rainbow tenuis under blues is another boost.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To each there own, but this is a top-5 rainbow tenuis to me. The color actually works in non-blue light and the pinks and purples look good with the green. I don't know what else rounds out my top-5 but RMF Lucky Charms, SCOP and MattV Rainbow Envy are probably in there. I have a feeling that these will be still desired long after the rainbow tenuis craze is mostly over. It can be hard to color, but if you can, it is really nice.

This is an older photo just under 14k Phoenix for both daily living and the photo - no blue lights or filters.

Edit: round out my top-5 with Tyree Superman Tenuis.

302jae

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Realistic image of a Jf Homewrecker
No editing or fancy blue/uv lighting. This what mine really looks like in my normal lighting spectrum.
FA99B8F9-A01E-4C0F-90F5-D377F06A946E.jpeg
Is homewrecker the official name if these coral? I definitely want one and are they hard to care for

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Homewrecker is a named frag that you can trace back to Jason Fox. Without the lineage, then it is not a Homewrecker... it is just a green, purple and pink tenuis.

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the same thing seeing pics of it online. When I saw it in person, I picked up a frag literally that day because even under white lighting, it glows like it's illuminated from the inside. Its the intensity of the colors that impress me most about it.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think that was a homewrecker from Kevin. Looks like his “crazy hands Tenuis” but under straight uv. This is what it looks like under normal lighting
Top left
6CB1E83A-D6BD-4679-B386-6030E82A03DF.jpeg

Never mind
It was his homewrecker

But that first pic is under straight UV
I communicated with him several times and he didn’t even have white LEDs in his fixture. So the “normal” lighting was just blues/UV/V.

Last edited:

Johra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up JF Homewrecker, some amazing colonies on here... Looking forward to growing this out.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights are you running?

Right now, 2 Reefbright XHO, 2 Actinic T5 and 2 Blue Plus T5 hung about 2ft off the surface (Canopy mounted on the wall with brackets) over a 2ft x 4ft tank. I just set up a couple IMs and plan on moving my softies over to those and most of my LPS. Once I do that I have a pair of Ecotech XR30 pro that I will probably add when I switch that tank over to mostly Acropora.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back