Why No Waterbox seam failures?

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then possibly glass cages would be another option otherwise you’re pretty much stuck with over priced mass produced time bombs.
When I go big again I think I’ll likely go acrylic. Now that I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback here I feel like that’s just the safest choice for a large tank. I used advanced acrylics years ago and probably will again. When did glass cages become ok? Ten years ago they were to be avoided.

Quintin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at IM. I don’t like that the smallest they offer with an overflow is 50 gallons. I’m looking to set something up in the 20-30 range and I’m not sure I want to do an aio. I’m used to working with a sump.

I’ve also been looking at Fiji Cube. I haven’t seen any complaints about them as yet, and they make a nice 22 gallon with external overflow.
I was in the same boat when I got state side, looking for a small tank with an overflow and a sump, which gives you more options than an AIO system.

Was either looking at the WaterBox MARINE X 35.1 or Red Sea 170 G2 - both around 45x45x45 cube style.

As the Marine X 35.1 is discontinued, I went for the Red Sea 170 G2 and have had zero problems with it so far but then again, it’s not a big tank.

Anything larger I would definitely go custom and when working on contract in Angola, based out of Johannesburg- Idol Marine built all my custom tanks. Last one was 120x120x40 rimless with a floating base, 25mm glass and heavy as anything standing on a 50mm, 3mm think square tubing welded stand.

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The newer waterbox aquariums will have collapses in the coming years. They built a really faulty aluminum frame, it is uneven. They claim the leveling mat will compensate, because they don’t want to make things right. May take 5 years, but they’ll have made their money buy then. Like a car manufacturer not recalling airbags and dealing with the lawsuits later..
Update: Waterbox looked at the top piece and was kind enough to send me a replacement. The new H piece is perfectly level. I put an innovative marine 48”x24” leveling mat on the top of the metal frame to give it a bigger buffer, and trimmed off the excess. It also makes me feel better about not accidentally hitting that aluminum fame onto the glass and chipping or cracking it.

I’m currently looking at options to circumvent the stock leveling feet, but I’m overall very pleased with waterbox assisting.

I would say get another leveling mat to put on and that should help.

Redrider001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good point. That makes me lean towards Fiji cube. When I’m ready to go big I’m going to have a custom acrylic made. That’s what I had before and then I don’t have to ever lose sleep over leaks or failure. There’s also a company near me that does scratch removal wet or dry, but honestly I was always careful and didn’t really have scratch problems.
I’m case you are still deciding I have a fiji 22 nano that is 2 years old zero problems silicone looks brand new. I have no complaints.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back