Why this reef club is amazing.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shout-out to @Eagle_Steve for fostering a set of puffers I got today in a potential tank buy that went wrong, but left me with some puffers. Once I've got a new upgrade tank, I'll be ready to get em home again. Until then I know they are in good hands. I can't say enough of how much I love this group.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shout-out to @Eagle_Steve for fostering a set of puffers I got today in a potential tank buy that went wrong, but left me with some puffers. Once I've got a new upgrade tank, I'll be ready to get em home again. Until then I know they are in good hands. I can't say enough of how much I love this group.

Great job @Eagle_Steve! Way to fill the gap! I am a strong believer in the importance of foster care whether it is kids, dogs, cats, or fish - good work on setting the standard!

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job @Eagle_Steve! Way to fill the gap! I am a strong believer in the importance of foster care whether it is kids, dogs, cats, or fish - good work on setting the standard!
They came with a 265 I was going to buy, and he had agreed to Foster them for us while I got that tank back running etc. In an odd accident, the seller has offered to bring it to me, and ended up cracking the bottom panel so I'm looking at a couple other tanks in my budget for upgrade this week. Not a 265, but a 220 will do the job. Stand up guy for sure!!look forward to continued friendship

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad they are ok...let me know if yur interested in my tank

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Parrot aquatic has a lot of connections here in Knoxville. They might be able to hook you up. Please tell them I sent you. They always try to do good when I refer someone.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great group...eagle Steve has helped us out too with great advice!!! Good luck tank hunting
Thanks! Wife sent me a link to a 220 a couple towns over from us. Alot closer than the 265 was. Going to go look at it tonight and see. Would fit on my current stand I overbuilt for my 125, and re use that same sump.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! Wife sent me a link to a 220 a couple towns over from us. Alot closer than the 265 was. Going to go look at it tonight and see. Would fit on my current stand I overbuilt for my 125, and re use that same sump.
Score!

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had wanted to move the tank across the room, and such, and a full system would of done that, but this ones well below my budget, and if its as nice as it apppears to be. ill be rocking and rolling, and ready to introduce my puffs again in a few weeks. we will see. its a step in the right direction. Gives me breathing room for extra flow pumps, sand, additional salt etc

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They came with a 265 I was going to buy, and he had agreed to Foster them for us while I got that tank back running etc. In an odd accident, the seller has offered to bring it to me, and ended up cracking the bottom panel so I'm looking at a couple other tanks in my budget for upgrade this week. Not a 265, but a 220 will do the job. Stand up guy for sure!!look forward to continued friendship
Well thanks for the kind words, but not needed. This is a great experience for my son. He loves puffers and they are gonna get spoiled for sure lol. He might also get to learn how to trim teeth. The stars and stripes seems to have not gotten enough hard shelled stuff to file them down. I am going to stop at publix on the way home and get some mussels and clams for him to naw on and see if that gets them worked down a little. They aren't horrible yet, and it can still open it's mouth and get food, but for it's size not near enough room as there should be.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thanks for the kind words, but not needed. This is a great experience for my son. He loves puffers and they are gonna get spoiled for sure lol. He might also get to learn how to trim teeth. The stars and stripes seems to have not gotten enough hard shelled stuff to file them down. I am going to stop at publix on the way home and get some mussels and clams for him to naw on and see if that gets them worked down a little. They aren't horrible yet, and it can still open it's mouth and get food, but for it's size not near enough room as there should be.
Thanks good sir! Then once I get them back, I can. Continue that for them to keep them going and trimmed. I fell in love with those guys for sure! Glad he gets to experience it too!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now worries. My wife ended up sending me a killer deal on a 220 about 20 minutes from my house. Steve and I went and picked it up last night.

Congrats on the new tank! Any tips for moving or lessons learned while it is fresh in your mind? As many tanks as I've moved, something new (even the small things) always seems to pop up.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank! Any tips for moving or lessons learned while it is fresh in your mind? As many tanks as I've moved, something new (even the small things) always seems to pop up.
Furniture dollies and muscle lol. Also helps to have a huge entry door to back the truck directly up to lol. The latter was the best part.

Although, I should have brought my boys to help. The both of them could have picked the tank up by themselves and Derek and I could have just watched lol.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Furniture dollies and muscle lol. Also helps to have a huge entry door to back the truck directly up to lol. The latter was the best part.

Although, I should have brought my boys to help. The both of them could have picked the tank up by themselves and Derek and I could have just watched lol.
Supervisory skills are huge!! I tried to make load in as easy as humanly possible.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think after watching a 265 crack about 25 feet from the stand, I learned alot. Firstly never underestimate the weight of any tank, stress on seams, and always take your time. No matter how tired you get, make sure your head is clear. Furniture Dolly's really are your best friend.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think certain things happen for a reason. Maybe i was destined for the 220 over the other tank. Really looking forward to doggo g in, cleaning it up, and scheduling the big day to get everything moved about.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back