Wi-Fi Reset or Factory Reset?

Pakman2

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
When the iOS app update was released, I updated the mobile app. Upon doing so, I lost my device on the app which means I don’t see any devices listed. When I try to follow the steps to connect the Profilux 4, I don’t see the GHLDEV network being available during the setup. Is there anything that I can do to get that back?
Do I have to reset the Wi-Fi module on the Profilux? Or do I have to do a complete factory setting on the unit. Any help is greatly appreciated.

wmb0003

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Do you have a computer where you can connect via usb? I think that would probably be your best bet, it is much easier to view and configure the wifi settings through the computer program.

OP
P

Pakman2

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Do you have a computer where you can connect via usb? I think that would probably be your best bet, it is much easier to view and configure the wifi settings through the computer program.
Yes. I do. I tried to hoop up through the computer to reset the settings but I’m lost.

wmb0003

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I set mine up following this instruction. https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-profilux-wi-fi-setup-auto-ip/
When I setup my doser I had to setup a static ip for it to connect consistently. When I bought a Profilux, I used the auto feature and it works fine and was much easier to setup.
If you still have trouble, try posting a screenshot of the connection screen on the program, that might help troubleshoot.

OP
P

Pakman2

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
@[email protected] I can access my Profilux 4 via USB and laptop and make any adjustments. Can I make the necessary changes and setup the system on Wi-Fi and have it reappear on my mobile app or will it require a complete factory reset?

[email protected]HLUSA

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
No factory reset is needed unless you want to put the Wi-Fi chip back to it's original state.

Yes, you can connect over USB, go to the NETWORK page and check your Wi-Fi settings there. As long as you have Client & Access Point mode selected, the P4 will send out its own hotspot signal which your phone, tablet or computer can detect and connect to.

[email protected]

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Have you ever had a nano reef tank?

• I have one now (leave a photo in the thread)

Votes: 175 47.3%
  • Yes, but in the past

Votes: 82 22.2%
  • No and no plans to have one

Votes: 58 15.7%
  • No but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.9%
Your Reef