Wi-Fi Reset or Factory Reset?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the iOS app update was released, I updated the mobile app. Upon doing so, I lost my device on the app which means I don’t see any devices listed. When I try to follow the steps to connect the Profilux 4, I don’t see the GHLDEV network being available during the setup. Is there anything that I can do to get that back?
Do I have to reset the Wi-Fi module on the Profilux? Or do I have to do a complete factory setting on the unit. Any help is greatly appreciated.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have a computer where you can connect via usb? I think that would probably be your best bet, it is much easier to view and configure the wifi settings through the computer program.

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a computer where you can connect via usb? I think that would probably be your best bet, it is much easier to view and configure the wifi settings through the computer program.
Yes. I do. I tried to hoop up through the computer to reset the settings but I’m lost.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I set mine up following this instruction. https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-profilux-wi-fi-setup-auto-ip/
When I setup my doser I had to setup a static ip for it to connect consistently. When I bought a Profilux, I used the auto feature and it works fine and was much easier to setup.
If you still have trouble, try posting a screenshot of the connection screen on the program, that might help troubleshoot.

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you logged back in? Once the app opens click on the gear icon in the top right corner. And log back in with your email and password. Then all your devices should show back up.

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you logged back in? Once the app opens click on the gear icon in the top right corner. And log back in with your email and password. Then all your devices should show back up.
My devices do not show up. Not sure why.

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA I can access my Profilux 4 via USB and laptop and make any adjustments. Can I make the necessary changes and setup the system on Wi-Fi and have it reappear on my mobile app or will it require a complete factory reset?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No factory reset is needed unless you want to put the Wi-Fi chip back to it's original state.

Yes, you can connect over USB, go to the NETWORK page and check your Wi-Fi settings there. As long as you have Client & Access Point mode selected, the P4 will send out its own hotspot signal which your phone, tablet or computer can detect and connect to.

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA I’m still having issues. I can access the controller via USB but I can’t get it to reappear on the mobile app. Would it be best to do a factory reset at this point? Are there any other options?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.5%
Back