Wife said stop

Have you ever been accused of talking to much about your tank?

• Yes (tell us about it)

Votes: 232 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 180 43.7%

• Total voters

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gosh, my wife and I must be different. She looks at me with her big, doe-like eyes and says, "Honey, baby, I am soooo fascinated by whatever you are interested in that I could listen to you talk for hours and hours. Please tell me more."

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gosh, my wife and I must be different. She looks at me with her big, doe-like eyes and says, "Honey, baby, I am soooo fascinated by whatever you are interested in that I could listen to you talk for hours and hours. Please tell me more."
Just married?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This must be what men hear when a wife is talking to them and they’re like, you’re not even listening to me, are you? Nope. You’re not.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This must be what men hear when a wife is talking to them and they’re like, you’re not even listening to me, are you? Nope. You’re not.
Yep, guilty as charged; we could all benefit from improving our listening skills I suspect, especially after so many years together.

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pineapples - got to have a safe word. I start talking about my tanks she says pineapples. Too much don't want to know. She starts about decorating or that friend who's in her 30s still dating dudes that ask for gas money - pineapples. It's from an old k hart skit but is a lot better than whatever
Sure it's from a skit, Sure it is. ;)

My wife humors me most of the time, if I catch her glazing over I quickly change to something I want in hope's she gives me a yes or sure or uh huh.

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry this is a guy joke. I know....sorry. But a joke. Lol.

Know I am married to my dream girl. She likes my new hobby for me, although she is still working on the “Fedex is here AGAIN!!??” KIND OF delivery and I am working with that to be “yeah honey Fedex is here...COOL!!”. Her hobby is Pilates and yoga which I now do not say “not more Pilates videos again YIKES!!!”. She sees the fun I have....and I see she is staying beautiful!

Thank you wives (and husbands) for putting up with our Reef Passion. And thank you all the new reefing ladies for loving reefing! I pray we can find thousands more!

I think when more people see how much easier reefing has become....we will see more diversity in all directions which is incredible.

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am (jokingly) know among my friends as fish (potty language). I know when to stop and talk about other things now. But when I first got into the hobby. I wouldn’t stop talking. And telling them I bred freshwater fish earned me my wonderful nickname.

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband and I met at MACNA Boston and again at the following IMAC (yes, we've been doing this a while).

However, I am the one that beats the subject to death. I'm currently trying to get him to agree to let me hold an informal meeting of reef nerds at the local brewery. He asked me, "What is your intention with all of this? To start a club and eventually hold a MACNA here?". Honestly, I just want to be old skool reefing again with a local club, hang out, drink beers, trade knowledge and frags. Is that too much to ask? ;Joyful

I ask him his opinion on things for the tanks, but in the end, it doesn't really matter since typically whatever I purchase, he really likes. It's just my incessant ideas that drives him crazy....and spending money on the tanks. LOL!

I do all of the water testing, the water changes and dictate the other maintenance. He likes to look at the tank and feed them (although, we have the Apex do most of it with the feeding module).

Ah, love found in the reefing community! ;Playful ;Happy

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife (The Sherriff) gets cuts of my sales as bribery to put up with listening to me :)

The trick is to build a beautiful area for her to enjoy doing her own things in, but in the vicinity of the tank. Then she actually will spend time looking at things, asking questions and learning when shes interested :)

velveeta-shells-and-cheese-liquid-gold-rush-harmonica-large-5.jpg ifyoubuildittheywillcome.png

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't have asked anything after "local brewery", not sure I'd care what came before...nice it's about reefing though.

My wife's been enjoying all this as much as I have, she'll come home with a brush to clean the rocks, or here's some micro tweezers you mentioned wanting. Nice to share...plus a big help. Making my first week long biz trip since setting up the tank in a couple weeks and she's a bit concerned. Not going to be much to do, but she is requesting I label everything. Probably a good idea - since I can't seem to keep the switches straight either (probably not letting her in on that detail though).

Now thinking about brewery has me a bit thirsty.

Last edited:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband is very “passionate” about video games, me it’s my tank this is a typical dinner conversation

Husband: they just released the specs of the third characters in Boarderlands
Me: cool, I was looking up new corals I saw this really cool one.
Husband: fun, she’s a Siren and her skill tree is crazy
Me: nice, it’s called a pulsing sinularia it looks so interesting

Lol this is pretty much a mirror image of me and my husband.

Leez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife tells me to stop making any conversation about fish with her and everytime that I'm about to talk about how beautiful this Abc fish, xyz coral,....v..v, etc, is; she gonna make this face :
09543791.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back