Wild Acropora Project

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cassian
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
2,389
Reaction score
1,710
Location
MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all!

So with my new tank, I want to start a little research project on wild Acropora. I am organizing a group buy to get 12 colonies of wild Australian Acropora, and im going to document everything I observe with the wild acros here! I've noticed there isn't much info on raising wild acropora, so as I raise the frags im keeping off of the colonies, I will record everything I do here! Im hoping this will be helpful and informative to anyone wanting to attempt wild acropora. I will share my tank params, lighting, placement, feeding schedule, and also my mistakes. lol. I will document the growth of the acros and see what conditions provide the best color and growth. I will also compare them to my current tank raised acropora! Im hoping this will be a fun project to share with this community!

In another thread, a lot of amazing people who have given me some pointers to help these things thrive. Thank you for your assistance!! I will do my best to implement those techniques.

If you are interested in the group buy and want to join it, pm me or go here: Group Buy
please do not ask questions about the group buy on this thread. This thread is for updates and observations of the wild Acropora colonies. Thank you!

However, advice, or other comments are fine!

Feel free to ask any questions!

I am hoping to order the Acropora colonies within the next month or two, but that will depend on how quickly we get people for the group buy. But, I will keep this thread updated with the progress!!

Happy Reefing!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new