Will Damsels host Anemones

The_ReefB0y_FOX24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Domino Damsel and I was wondering if it will host an anemone. I was thinking Bubble Tip my LFS has some nice ones. I would (as soon as my tank is matured) like to have an anemone if my damsel will host it. Also any tips on anemone care are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to keep in mind that it may never happen. Took my clowns over 2 years and hundreds in anemone before they were hosted. Be sure to research what is needed for anemone before purchasing.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but I guess the fish could push the anemone along until it will host.
Not necessarily a good thing. Overly eager fish can stress out the anemone. Especially if the anemone is small.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True... and I was thinking about my LFS's small nems. I wonder if my fish is the over eager type...
For your first nem I would not recommend getting from an LFS if possible. Local reefers will be much better. Also very helpful to already have some cipro on hand

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but I guess the fish could push the anemone along until it will host.
Anemones do not need to host anything... They can live happily without any fish. If you do decide to buy a nem, don't expect anything other than for it to be pretty; just enjoy it for what it is and if it ends up hosting fish, it will be a nice surprise :)

Back