Will my clowns host this anemone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slot

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2016
Messages
444
Reaction score
158
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair, black and white, and picasso clowns. Will they host a bubble anemone? Want to make sure before i buy one
 
No they won't. however, the anemone *may* host the clowns. it can be hit or miss.

I have a pair, black and white, and picasso clowns. Will they host a bubble anemone? Want to make sure before i buy one
 
I have a pair of clowns that decided the return was better than my 2 anemones. It's definitely hit or miss.
 
No they won't. however, the anemone *may* host the clowns. it can be hit or miss.
But are the clowns compatible with this type of anemone? I know that they can just simply ignore the anemone, but i want to get one that they at least have a chance with
 
Like has been said, you can never be for certain but yes, bubble tips are known to host clowns.

What cromag is getting at is that the proper terminology is the anemone hosts the clowns, the clowns don't host the anemone.
 
Like has been said, you can never be for certain but yes, bubble tips are known to host clowns.

What cromag is getting at is that the proper terminology is the anemone hosts the clowns, the clowns don't host the anemone.
Ah okay thanks.
 
If you to try and encourage the behavior, tape up some pictures of other anemones hosting clowns by the tank. Weird I know, but it works.
 
I use the clear tube method and work for me; however I think is better to have the anemone in the tank first and move the clowns after.
Good luck

 
A chance, yes. but keep in mind that ocellaris and percula do not have a symbiotic relationship with e. quadricolor in nature. that's what I said *may* host. any 'tricks' as indicated in this thread cannot be backed up by science, therefore any success is most likely coincidental.

But are the clowns compatible with this type of anemone? I know that they can just simply ignore the anemone, but i want to get one that they at least have a chance with
 
I Have 3 clowns Hosting my Toadstool Leather and the pair are laying eggs on the trunk every other week or so.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new