Will this Leach into My Tank?

Reefer37

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
364
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I was doing my monthly maintenance cleaning out my powerheads and return pumps and such.

Recently, I changed out the propellers in one of my Accela return pumps because the rod holding the propeller broke. So I ordered a replacement one through Premium Aquatics.
https://premiumaquatics.com/products/accela-sp11000-impeller.html
The one they sent me was metal instead of plastic like it shows in the pic and what it on the other pump, which I was happy about because I thought it would last longer.

Well, when I opened it up, it looks like it's rusting. Can anyone help me out and tell me if I should worry about this leaching into the tank?

IMG_20200503_162137.jpg
 
yes some iron,minimal not enough to worry about,would contact for replacement,stainless coating should last longer than a couple of months
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new