Wiped Out

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fought ich, and ich won. Lost all four fish. I now have an amazing looking 6 month old 25 gallon tank with a ton of inverts and no fish. I have increased temp to 81.5. There are no fish in it, and so I might as well go fallow while I finish my home remodel, which will require me to move the tank for half a day for new flooring. No need to put fish in it just to stress them out later. How long should it be fallow at that temp. Thanks.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I fought ich, and ich won. Lost all four fish. I now have an amazing looking 6 month old 25 gallon tank with a ton of inverts and no fish. I have increased temp to 81.5. There are no fish in it, and so I might as well go fallow while I finish my home remodel, which will require me to move the tank for half a day for new flooring. No need to put fish in it just to stress them out later. How long should it be fallow at that temp. Thanks.
45-60 days is recommendation but you can go with 45-50 days at the higher temp. Siuphon bedding at day 30 to remove any dead cysts which may be present.
Sorry to hear of this setback

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
People would say 45 days. Why not do 60 - and lower the temp - if there is no rush>

OP
OP
jabberwock

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the sympathy and input.

Any recommendations on how to feed 5 soft corals, 4 nessarius snails, 4 cerith snails, 4 nerite snails, 9 limpets, 1 purple spine urchin, I large and lonely pistol shrimp, 5 rock flower anemones, 1 lightbulb anemone and 6 porcelain crabs during the fallow period?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Any recommendations on how to feed 5 soft corals, 4 nessarius snails, 4 cerith snails, 4 nerite snails, 9 limpets, 1 purple spine urchin, I large and lonely pistol shrimp, 5 rock flower anemones, 1 lightbulb anemone and 6 porcelain crabs during the fallow period?
1677719895922.png

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would just feed the cuc nori (unless you have algae, then you don't have to) and the pistol/nems frozen mysis. The softies will just use whatever liquid from the frozen, same for the porcelain crabs.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear that bud. I'm fallow currently in the big display after the move caused a deadly outbreak. Lost 5 fish.

I'm throwing in a cube of coral gumbo every few days with return flow off to feed the coral as well as dosing phyto I've got more pods than I've ever seen in a tank.

You'll want to watch your Nitrates and phosphates while the tank is empty. Reduce your export methods likely.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back