Wireless issues with Profilux 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of configuring a new Profilux 4. I've set it up for a static IP as both a client and access point. I can ping it, access the web server directly through the access point and connect to it via the GHL Control Center V1.099. I cannot get to it through the my regular ethernet connection via a browser, Control Center or ( most importantly!) the GHL Android App ("No response from the device"). I'm stumped, and not sure what I'm missing? Suggestions welcome!

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of configuring a new Profilux 4. I've set it up for a static IP as both a client and access point. I can ping it, access the web server directly through the access point and connect to it via the GHL Control Center V1.099. I cannot get to it through the my regular ethernet connection via a browser, Control Center or ( most importantly!) the GHL Android App ("No response from the device"). I'm stumped, and not sure what I'm missing? Suggestions welcome!
Hello,

Those functionalities are not ready yet to work with the P4. A new app is coming and about the GCC I don't know...

Cheers
Pedro

OP
OP
B

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Those functionalities are not ready yet to work with the P4. A new app is coming and about the GCC I don't know...

Cheers
Pedro
That would explain it! Thanks Pedro!

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to ping the IP address of your P4 when on your WiFi network?

Please post a screenshot of your COMMUNICATION settings page.

Use Windows Command Prompt, type-in ipconfig. Does the default gateway and subnet mask match what you have entered into your P4's WiFi settings?

OP
OP
B

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to ping the IP address of your P4 when on your WiFi network?

Please post a screenshot of your COMMUNICATION settings page.

Use Windows Command Prompt, type-in ipconfig. Does the default gateway and subnet mask match what you have entered into your P4's WiFi settings?
Hi Vinny,
Yes, ping is fine via both access pt, and client mode across my internal ethernet. Gateway and subnet mask are fine (or ping wouldn't work :) ). I'll work on a few pics. Thanks!

OP
OP
B

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note that the comm screen and ipconfig screen was taken while attached to the access point

Conn_setting.png
Comm_scr.png
ipconfig_pic.png

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Billw, I was having problems with my wifi connection dropping and the P4 was only 10 ft from my router. I updated GCC to the latest version, then updated the firmware of the wifi module and P4. Ever since, I haven't had any issues. I am using GCC v1.1.0.0

GHL has so great how-to videos on youtube if you get confused.

cpllongjk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Billw, you see the 802.11 drop down menu... Select one! That should help fix the problem I think.

OP
OP
B

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Billw, you see the 802.11 drop down menu... Select one! That should help fix the problem I think.
Thanks, cpl but no change. I think I checked that earlier. Vinny, could you comment on the default for that selection? I was guessing b/g/n, but you know what assuming gets you :).

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@billw
It would be best to first update the WiFi module firmware by following the steps shown in this video:

Since you are able to connect to the P4's webserver you will be able to do this update without any problems.

If your P4 firmware is not on 7.08, please update the controller firmware also.

Give that a try and let me know how it works out for you.

OP
OP
B

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've updated to the firmware in the beta GCC (V1.100 ) directory (7.08/6407). Prior to this I was up to date with the firmware in the latest release version of GCC (1.099 - 7.07/6376). There doesn't appear to be any change in behavior.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please connect your PC to your network, run an ipconfig command in Command Prompt, and post a screenshot?

OP
OP
B

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please connect your PC to your network, run an ipconfig command in Command Prompt, and post a screenshot?
for reference here is ipconfig attached to the P4 access point:

ipconfig_pic.png

And here is ipconfig when attached to the system router (actually to the system access point in the livingroom, not the main router on the other side of the house):

ipconfig_attached.png

OP
OP
B

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got back to it ( I've been distracted for a few days :) ). Another data point: I got around to setting up cloud access via myGHL.com. All seems to be working fine via that route from my Android tablet.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you have the same IP address assigned to both the P4's Access Point settings and Client Mode settings. These IP addresses should not be the same. Please change the Access Point IP address to 192.168.4.1. This will be the IP address you use whenever you want to connect directly to the P4's WiFi signal. Don't forget to click SAVE CHANGES once you changed the IP address.

Please delete the P4 WiFi connection in GCC. This would be whichever connection you made for connecting to the P4 via WiFi over GCC.

Once you have that done, create a new connection for the P4, set the type of connection to NETWORK, and enter the assigned IP address for the P4 (192.168.254.69), click SAVE, then try to connect again.

OP
OP
B

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change made and still no connection. The access pt. IP addr. makes sense! I Wasn't thinking :). Is there any reason why it can't be on the same subnet?

OP
OP
B

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connection update: my previous post was referring to the GHL Android app (no connection via both the ethernet and Profilux access point). After reading my OP, I realize my connections have improved. I now have access using GCC (1.1.0.0) via both USB and Wifi. I can get to the Dashboard via the web browser on both Windows and Android ( I assume Linux too, although I haven't checked.). I also have access to myGHL.com as stated earlier.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect. Glad you're up and running now.

We have 2 apps available at the moment, one is for the P3 and the other is for the Doser. We will soon be releasing a single app that will be compatible across the whole GHL device ecosystem. P3, P4, Doser 2/2.1SA, Mitras LX7.

PmRg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the thread hijack ahah, is it possible to connect to the P4 by netowork already ?

Mine does not connect... any special thing we need to do ?

Thanks.

OP
OP
B

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect. Glad you're up and running now.

We have 2 apps available at the moment, one is for the P3 and the other is for the Doser. We will soon be releasing a single app that will be compatible across the whole GHL device ecosystem. P3, P4, Doser 2/2.1SA, Mitras LX7.
That's my only problem now! It wasn't clear to me that P4 support hasn't been implemented yet. Thanks, Vinny. I'll wait until P4 support is available in the app!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back