Wish I had gotten a bigger AIO

Would you choose a bigger AIO?


  • Total voters
    16
  • Poll closed .
That first couple of sentences had me laughing something serious, wife even asked what was I doing.
 
When it comes to buying a tank, bigger is always better. While I would love to have a 500 gallon tank I do question the cost of upkeep (salt, additives, food etc etc). Personally between 180 and 300 is my sweet spot. Most of the gear can be found locally and it isn't a killer to maintain.
 
Honestly stick with the 20, the equipment to get that running is a lot cheaper than a sumped system. If you stick with it you will want to upgrade regardless and which point you can sell it and buy something else thats more along the lines of what you need. Id say after about 1.5-2 years you will know if you want to continue and go bigger or quit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new