Witch Nano tank should I get?

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the military for 10 years and 4 of those ten years I had a 100g and a JBJ 45 rimless that I have previously posted on. and sold those tanks.... well, I'm getting the itch back. Right now I'm getting ready to buy a home within the next year and am currently still with my family till then. I want a nano reef tank and something I can move to the new house and continue. I'm willing to get up to 20G. The tanks I'm looking at buying are a water box aquarium, an Innovative marine tank, or maybe another brand that has a good AIO. should I get a lagoon or a peninsula? anyhow tell me what you guys think I should get or if any suggestions on what i should do i know most of it is a personal preference.

JReef3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, welcome to R2R and thanks for your service! I've had larger tanks in the past but currently have a Fluval Flex 32.5 as the smaller, lower maintenance AIO fits my lifestyle with kids, work, and so on these day. I really like the Flex but if you're looking for something smaller, Fluval also makes the EVO which is a similar design but smaller at 13.5 gallons. You can search it here and would likely get an idea of what can be accomplished in it and what limitations it has. Good luck!

Here's a link:

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 20 gallon Waterbox AIO or their 20 gallon Clear Mini (same sized tank, minus the AIO insert) give you enough room to add some diversity but keep it small enough to limit maintenance. The lower height (16") means you get more PAR for the same light compared to a deeper/perfectly cube tank at those LxW dimensions. I went with the Clear Mini as that allows me to use traditional equipment I already had on hand (and does provide more space in the tank, at the cost of seeing some of the "gear" which would have been hidden in an AIO).

An alternative to Waterbox's somewhat pricey stand is the Coralife one (BioCube Size 29 & 32 Aquarium Stand), which definitely looks nicer.

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after reviewing your guy's comments and looking at the space the tank will go I ended up purchasing a 15G Waterbox Pen. i will post pictures of it when I start it up. right now I'm slow rolling it. i only purchased enough to start cycling the tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back