Worm looking thing on torch?

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I have a torch I am having problems with. It is usually my largest torch in the tank but I noticed these clusters on my torch today and have zero clue what they are. Any help?
IMG_8807.jpeg

IMG_8806.jpeg

OP
OP
jgabbsxx

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the picture but my guess would be Eefw! And that’s a cluster of eggs.. I’d pull it, do a visible inspection and scrape any eggs and dip it!
Ill have to clean & dip when I get home from work tonight. Its the second time these have popped up on that guy

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way to prevent them from coming back? How do they even appear in the tank is my first question!
You gotta remove all the eggs! I’d dip tonight and scrape all visible eggs away.. wait a week and dip again and check for eggs again! Repeat that for a month or so and it should take care of all of them.

OP
OP
jgabbsxx

jgabbsxx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gotta remove all the eggs! I’d dip tonight and scrape all visible eggs away.. wait a week and dip again and check for eggs again! Repeat that for a month or so and it should take care of all of them.
I'll have to double check all my other corals in the tank to see if they have them as well. Thank you!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to double check all my other corals in the tank to see if they have them as well. Thank you!
Thell just be on your lps. Hammers, torches, octos etc.. normally around the flesh bands and blend in very well! It’s an easy pest to eradicate so don’t panic..

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halichoeres wrasse (@i cant think?) and I think springii damselfish will eat them, though in this case I'd do a dip first
Halichoeres wrasse will prevent them quite easily IME. If your tank is 4-5’+ in length OP then add a second Halichoeres species. I’d opt for a Biocellatus or Marginatus personally.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back