Worms in sand bed?

Gonj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2021
Messages
187
Reaction score
64
Location
miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed these in my tank today, what are they, are they dangerous should I remove them?

1680E40B-A43C-4DA2-A1A5-813C98190678.jpeg 9E97BACB-B669-4519-AB13-BE26E07C322E.jpeg 974E222E-8DBB-47DF-93CB-7A13AC5F6CC4.jpeg 2FD631EF-48A1-474E-B447-9D49016150E8.jpeg
 
I believe its possible to deduce you did not use dry rock to start this reef, it’s live rock transferred from another tank somehow? The sand looks too clean overall to be an old tank

fun to guess as much from a single pic is any of that the origination source for the rock in the tank


worms come from exactly that kind of rock, skip cycle live rock.
 
I believe its possible to deduce you did not use dry rock to start this reef, it’s live rock transferred from another tank somehow? The sand looks too clean overall to be an old tank

fun to guess as much from a single pic is any of that the origination source for the rock in the tank


worms come from exactly that kind of rock, skip cycle live rock.
I recently changed my dt so the rocks came from my old dt, it is live rock, I never noticed these in my old dt as I used to have black sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new