OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! Why in the @#$! Was the Nem 1k? It looked like it was just a small lemon drop!
I also have a bonded pair of Gold Nuggets that live in a Colorado Sunburst Nem that split recently. Now each one sleeps in the 2 nems.
Welcome to Australian pricing on some things haha BTA's are stupidly expensive here!!
I lost one to an unknown cause but the female is going strong and her colours are getting better every day! My lfs is already onto getting me a replacement too :)

I wish my girl and I would get two beds..she's always kickin me.. [emoji52]
hahaha lucky mine doesn't ask many questions! She leaves me to my fish purchases and I leave her to her books!! We have a library lol

Holy cow! That's just not fair!
Yeah, it doesn't get much better than what my lfs can get!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in true reefer style, I've been keeping some cash aside for general and emergency spending and well two sites were having sales and now I have no backup cash and the following on the way :D
- 3ft Actinic SB Reef Strip (will take some groovy blues only pics when it comes in)
- 2x MP40WQD (been tossing this upgrade up for a looooonnngggg time and this sale pushed me over the edges lol)

#noragrats

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in true reefer style, I've been keeping some cash aside for general and emergency spending and well two sites were having sales and now I have no backup cash and the following on the way :D
- 3ft Actinic SB Reef Strip (will take some groovy blues only pics when it comes in)
- 2x MP40WQD (been tossing this upgrade up for a looooonnngggg time and this sale pushed me over the edges lol)

#noragrats
If you ask me, any reef related gear on sale is the reason we keep "emergency funds" :p
Keen to see your rocking Zoa collection under dem blues!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we have some bad news on the reef today!! I've found something that I was never hoping to find again! AEFW :( :( This time I'm going scorched earth on these , I'm removing all of the acro's from my tank and leaving it completely empty of acro for 10wks, until I get back from San Diego in Jan! Then It'll be a process of restarting from scratch on the acro collection!

My plans for while the tank is empty of acro is to try and get 2 ~10% water changes a week done for a month or two, a little bit of a rescape, add some live rock to the tank in the sump for some added biological diversity and get a couple of ICP tests done to get my water spot on for when it's time to restart the acro stocking! I'm going to try and avoid buying anything for the tank and save up some cash to do some bigger stock ups when it's ready again and really go hard and heavy!

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we have some bad news on the reef today!! I've found something that I was never hoping to find again! AEFW :( :( This time I'm going scorched earth on these mothertruckers, I'm removing all of the acro's from my tank and leaving it completely empty of acro for 10wks, until I get back from San Diego in Jan! Then It'll be a process of restarting from scratch on the acro collection!

My plans for while the tank is empty of acro is to try and get 2 ~10% water changes a week done for a month or two, a little bit of a rescape, add some live rock to the tank in the sump for some added biological diversity and get a couple of ICP tests done to get my water spot on for when it's time to restart the acro stocking! I'm going to try and avoid buying anything for the tank and save up some cash to do some bigger stock ups when it's ready again and really go hard and heavy!
aaawwwwwww super sucky! good luck!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it was a sad day on the shallows today! :worried2: After a bit of a kick in the bum from my LFS so I got in there are tore all the acro's out and puttied over any encrusted areas.
The ultimate insult!

And I went on a rescape rampage too! I picked up 2.5kg in small pieces of live rock and a few (3.5kg) nice real reef rock bridging type pieces as well (which are soaking in RO at the moment), I also picked up a Triton ICP test to see whats going on! lol I think I'm going to do three over the next few months to make sure the tank is super acro ready come mid Jan :)

I have no real idea or inspiration for the scape so suggestions are welcome but this is pre-phase 1 with new live rock added to the tank :)

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the similar positive note as earlier, here's some super quick shots of the tanks under the blues with a proper camera :)
IMG_3816.JPG
IMG_3817.JPG
IMG_3818.JPG
IMG_3819.JPG
IMG_3820.JPG
IMG_3821.JPG
IMG_3822.JPG

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So saddened to hear of your flatworm troubles, and to see that aquascape so barren!

You'll have this thing flying like a phoenix in short order, once you're all prepped and ready to relaunch.

~Bruce

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it was a sad day on the shallows today! :worried2: After a bit of a kick in the bum from my LFS so I got in there are tore all the acro's out and puttied over any encrusted areas.
The ultimate insult!

And I went on a rescape rampage too! I picked up 2.5kg in small pieces of live rock and a few (3.5kg) nice real reef rock bridging type pieces as well (which are soaking in RO at the moment), I also picked up a Triton ICP test to see whats going on! lol I think I'm going to do three over the next few months to make sure the tank is super acro ready come mid Jan :)

I have no real idea or inspiration for the scape so suggestions are welcome but this is pre-phase 1 with new live rock added to the tank :)

NOOOOO!! That really sucks. So sorry to hear that for you. Can’t wait to see it come back even better!!

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the similar positive note as earlier, here's some super quick shots of the tanks under the blues with a proper camera :)
IMG_3816.JPG
IMG_3817.JPG
IMG_3818.JPG
IMG_3819.JPG
IMG_3820.JPG
IMG_3821.JPG
IMG_3822.JPG
You have some pretty pieces in there. I enjoy the SPS, but I find myself more and more drawn to the LPS. They have the most amazing colors! My faves are Lobos and Acans!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So saddened to hear of your flatworm troubles, and to see that aquascape so barren!

You'll have this thing flying like a phoenix in short order, once you're all prepped and ready to relaunch.

~Bruce
Thanks mate :) It's a bit sad but the fish are loving all the new hidey holes in the scape so it's a lot of fun watching them! I'm hoping to to avoid any spending till after Christmas so I can get some really groovy pieces and fish in the new year! Knowing me, I'll probably buy another wrasse or two before then haha

Lots of love is going to go into the tank while it's barren so hopefully the phoenix will be quite dramatic haha I'll also be adding a large rock with turtle grass on it in two weeks to really get the biodiversity cranking!!

NOOOOO!! That really sucks. So sorry to hear that for you. Can’t wait to see it come back even better!!
Yep, was a bit of a hit when I found them again :( thanks for the support though :) It'll just be lots of zoa updates now :p

You have some pretty pieces in there. I enjoy the SPS, but I find myself more and more drawn to the LPS. They have the most amazing colors! My faves are Lobos and Acans!
Cheers man :) Sps have always been my true passion as they're absolutely fascinating creatures but I can never go past zoa's! Their little pops of colour are the best! I do like to add a piece or two of lps here or there but they're generally pretty high end as they're taking up precious acro room :p

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, our tanks are never big enough, are they!....I love zoos and palys to. In my 120 tank, they just up and disappear overnight. All except for those darn green ones that take the tank over. Go figure. In my smaller tank, they'll grow and do great, then all of the sudden, one colony will start closing up, and before you know it, a few more colonies are following suit. So I do acans now. Besides, as your eyesight starts getting fuzzy, they show up from across the room better.:rolleyes:

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a more positive note though, I'm really loving the sBar actinic led strip from SB Reefs :D so much so I'm going to get a second one to even the light out but I would highly recommend them!!
Nice! Is that a red led on it I see though? I thought it was also 450nm, 435nm or something like that

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, our tanks are never big enough, are they!....I love zoos and palys to. In my 120 tank, they just up and disappear overnight. All except for those darn green ones that take the tank over. Go figure. In my smaller tank, they'll grow and do great, then all of the sudden, one colony will start closing up, and before you know it, a few more colonies are following suit. So I do acans now. Besides, as your eyesight starts getting fuzzy, they show up from across the room better.:rolleyes:
Never! Especially when you consider fish too!! I know what you mean, I went through a patch where my zoa's did absolutely did nothing! Then, no idea why, they started perking up and doing much better :) Burger ensures that I can't have acans in the tank though, he loves them haha

Nice! Is that a red led on it I see though? I thought it was also 450nm, 435nm or something like that
Nah, they're the violet leds that look red because of the white balance haha :)

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

• I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

• I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

• I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

• Other.

Back