Wrangy's Reef - 80g of Wrasse & SPS

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also closely contemplating swapping my lighting up! I'm thinking about simplifying the whole setup :) I'll definitely be keeping the Radium running on the tank but changing things up to the following:
- 250/400w Radium 20k MH
- 2x Radion XR30 Gen4 Pro's

That should be more than enough light to absolutely blast the tank and get some pretty colours and growth!
I’m not sure it will be enough light... o_O:p

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100L in water changes done so far this week! :) Another 50L to do tonight and then again tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday! That'll be 300L in water changes done in a week which is pretty much 100%! Should clear things up nicely. I'm using NSW at the moment due to it's ease but I'm thinking about getting a 25kg bag of Red Sea Blue Bucket tomorrow to start getting some more controlled water going through the tank :D

All in preparations for some goodies that will be arriving next week! :D haha

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Can’t wait to see the pickups. Can’t seem to go wrong with Red Sea blue bucket.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I HAAAVVVEEEE AAACCCRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S *ahem*

Today I added several tester pieces into the tank :) a shortcake, a spath and a tricolour type thing! Should give a well covered base to know what's going on in the tank, in time for some Red Dragon, WWC Pink Cadillac and Bubblegum Digi to arrive for me later this week :D

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by the ole' LFS today with a mate and finally was able to top up my supps and get some new ones I've been meaning to for ages now!

20180224_173129.jpg

It's liquid gold for sps :D

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by the ole' LFS today with a mate and finally was able to top up my supps and get some new ones I've been meaning to for ages now!

20180224_173129.jpg

It's liquid gold for sps :D
Nice! Are you adding these to two part or dosing by hand?

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your LFS looks like it gets some pretty nice acro's in. I haven't seen a lot of that around here!

RE: Clam
I have found that clams are finicky, and better not kept by me. I've gone through probably about 10, sold some, killed some, I love them, but I don't expect I'll try them anymore, just like Mandarin's, even the ones that eat frozen.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your LFS looks like it gets some pretty nice acro's in. I haven't seen a lot of that around here!

RE: Clam
I have found that clams are finicky, and better not kept by me. I've gone through probably about 10, sold some, killed some, I love them, but I don't expect I'll try them anymore, just like Mandarin's, even the ones that eat frozen.
Oh yeah, he doesn't muck about!! Sustainable Reefs are where most of it comes from and they are hands down the best acro supplier in Aus! lol

I've never had any troubles with clams which is why the loss of my maxima was so upsetting and inexplicable. I'll definitely be getting some more in the future though :) Just have to come across the right one :) lol

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, what am I missing, what’s the deal with the tissue paper lol?
Btw tell your mate to start posting again[emoji12]

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the tissue paper is still hard at work! :p The new top looks great! Keen to see the finished product on the tank covering a rainbow of SPS!
Yep, the cheapest ghetto mod ever! haha I can't wait to mount it then fill the tank with pretties!! :D

Alright, what am I missing, what’s the deal with the tissue paper lol?
Btw tell your mate to start posting again[emoji12]
haha it cuts the noise of the fans by about 70% and it also acts as a dust filter for the light as our apartment is as airtight as a sieve lol

Join the "Coral Essentials Support Group" facebook group as he's been terrorising that with plenty of pics ;)

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got a second kitten in late December so we now have a two cat household again. Let me introduce the naughtiest kitten in the world, Agatha:

She's an Australian Bombay or known as a Mandalay here and we got lucky getting her so soon as there's only 4 breeders in the country and the waiting list is usually 2 years! Our Burmese, Minsky, wasn't particularly pleased by this little ball of terror but they do alright now!

Don't let her fool you, she's extremely cheeky!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%

Back