Wrasse and eggs

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I have just bought a marble/checkerboard wrasse about 3" long. I'm not sure if I have enough pods for him to munch on. Now, I have spionid worms in the sand that I think I've seen him peck at. Today is the 2nd or 3rd day I have him. I was wondering does the wrasse/.wrasses like to eat cerith snail eggs? Because if they do, I'd like that. Btw for anyone who's seen my aquascape before I have since changed it.
IMG_20210717_121616259.jpg
IMG_20210717_121645084.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterGuruNeeded

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the tank been up and running? Looks pretty new Have you ever seeded pods? Do you see them on the glass?
I have looked...hard to tell, if they are there they are small. I added biospira on June 7th 2021, so a little more than a month. Oh I have seen pods once before. I had a SW tank about, I got in trouble and 4 years ago they tore the tank down. I was devastated. Will never forget that moment. Lol, no I have never seeded pods *facepalm* thought you said *seen* and I look back and it says *seeded* now.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have looked...hard to tell, if they are there they are small. I added biospira on June 7th 2021, so a little more than a month. Oh I have seen pods once before. I had a SW tank about, I got in trouble and 4 years ago they tore the tank down. I was devastated. Will never forget that moment. Lol, no I have never seeded pods *facepalm* thought you said *seen* and I look back and it says *seeded* now.
I guess I was asking both things. You're wondering if there's enough but we have no way to tell. If your tanks a month old, and it looks like started from dry rock, I would venture to say you did not have an abundant pod population. Seeding pods of different types and feeding phytoplankton will help them grow in numbers.

OP
OP
SaltwaterGuruNeeded

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I was asking both things. You're wondering if there's enough but we have no way to tell. If your tanks a month old, and it looks like started from dry rock, I would venture to say you did not have an abundant pod population. Seeding pods of different types and feeding phytoplankton will help them grow in numbers.
Any recommendations?

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have bought some tig pods. But he has tried the pellets but spit em out. Getting the pods within a couple days hopefully.
I would also consider nano brine or even can o cyclops since it sounds like the wrasse is a picky eater :)

OP
OP
SaltwaterGuruNeeded

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also consider nano brine or even can o cyclops since it sounds like the wrasse is a picky eater :)
Yes, but I got lucky, literally just ate some Hikari Marine S pellets about 10 mins ago for the first time keeping them down. However I do like your site. Live aquaria seems ok but looking for top quality. Your company may be it. I'll have to see.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back