wrasse ID?

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help on this wrasse? I saw this at a lfs and they had it listed as one of various fairy wrasses.

IMAG0060.jpg

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks kinda like filamented or carpenters flasher wrasse.

The one in the back with the blue on its side looks like my tricolor fairy wrasse

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had like 4 or 5 in a tank listed as various for $34.99 each. I'm not ready to add any more fish but it was tempting. This and the other one in the back you are referring to had really nice coloration to them. Very deep and vibrant.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fell under the temptation,lol, the tricolor was $20 and had yellow,pink,and blue on it,I had to have it.

Hmmm if I could get a picture of mine I will post it,he moves so quick...

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to put some wrasse in when I set the 220 up that is sitting in my garage since last June. I just have my stock 110 rubbermade up now since I took my 75 down. The reason I can't add fish is because I have no top so for the wrasse so it is definitely a NO NO. I really want to pick out specific fish instead of just impulse buying which is how I set the 75 up lol. I have a specific list and really want to stick to it. That is why I sold most of the fish from my 75. I only have a starry blenny, kole tang, target mandarin, yellow wrasse and a two small blenny that I think are still in there but not sure since I can only look down and have not seen them since I put them in...lol

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here is a Carpenters for comparison. Can usually tell these two apart by the number of filaments on the dorsal fin. McCoskers has one, Carpenters has like 4 or so.

m.png

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a bad picture of my Tricolor Fairy Wrasse,I think this is its scientific name "Cirrhilabrus lubbocki".Some1 please correct me if im wrong.
Updated coral pics12 004.jpg

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here is a Carpenters for comparison. Can usually tell these two apart by the number of filaments on the dorsal fin. McCoskers has one, Carpenters has like 4 or so.

Ahh, Thanks. I really couldn't tell in the store because they were back all the time. I am new to the wrasse game, so I got some learnin' to do...:bigsmile:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back