Wrasse quarantine

Backto6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I bought a melanarus wrasse for my 55 and hes undergoing quarantine. My question is, should I put a large bowl of sand in there so he can hide if he gets scared or when he wants to sleep? I'm not treating for anything atm. Purely observation.

OP
OP
B

Backto6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the wrasse? I usually cut the bottom off of a 1 Gal milk jug or 2 litter bottle at about 2” tall. But I’m usually dealing with a fish 3” or less
It's about 3" maybe less, you reccomend 2 inches of sand?

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah about. I usually just fill it about 1.5” or so, somewhere in there. It’s not super critical. With a 3” wrasse I’d go with something the size of the bottom of a gallon milk jug and fill about 2” or so. I try to leave a little bit of a lip to keep the sand contained. About 1/2” taller than however deep the sand is

OP
OP
B

Backto6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah about. I usually just fill it about 1.5” or so, somewhere in there. It’s not super critical. With a 3” wrasse I’d go with something the size of the bottom of a gallon milk jug and fill about 2” or so. I try to leave a little bit of a lip to keep the sand contained. About 1/2” taller than however deep the sand is
Aight man thank you very much!!!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 102 77.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back