I would study Hunters chart first

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would study Hunters chart first

It’s a good chart but IMO if you know what you’re doing and get to know the personality of that fish you will often get away with going against it.

HK180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My picks based on price/peacefulness/beauty are rhomboid or pintail fairy wrasses and the blue star leopard wrasse. Plus, I've seen all 3 species available pre-quarantined online in the past year.

OP
OP
K

kzitzman1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are getting some fairy wrasses be sure to check out the chart. My two favorite are my flame and rhomboid.

Great chart. Thanks for sending that!

Drummerguydw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My picks based on price/peacefulness/beauty are rhomboid or pintail fairy wrasses and the blue star leopard wrasse. Plus, I've seen all 3 species available pre-quarantined online in the past year.
Where are you looking for pre quarantined fish?

joec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timor, same family melernarus but only gets about 4' and a little less active, pretty, peaceful, bulletproof, inexpensive, not super common. Mine has been with a fire shrimp for 4 years and she is afraid of it. Never touched a snail either

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timor, same family melernarus but only gets about 4' and a little less active, pretty, peaceful, bulletproof, inexpensive, not super common. Mine has been with a fire shrimp for 4 years and she is afraid of it. Never touched a snail either
I find the smaller Halichoeres don’t actually touch the inverts/CUC. My Jade on the other hand (She’s calmed down a lot now so I’m debating on keeping her for a few more weeks to see) does go after the smaller CUC (Crabs mostly, but I do find the odd dead snail). Also by family I think you mean genus, the entire family of wrasses (And there is way more than I actually thought there was) is called labridae.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my new pintail fairy! Super vibrant(I have read they loose that vibrant color eventually), swims the entire tank, and is the least aggressive of all my wrasses.

Second would be any form of leopard.

I currently home a melanarus, yellow corris(H. chrysus), ornate leopard, red corris, black leopard, and pintail fairy. Acclimation boxes are a must when introducing new wrasses to an already established wrasse gang.

My yellow corris is most definitely the tank boss! He kicks the crap out of anyone that disrupts his tank tranquility. Even kicks the snot out of the melanarus when he starts his crap, even though melanarus is much larger then him.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my new pintail fairy! Super vibrant(I have read they loose that vibrant color eventually), swims the entire tank, and is the least aggressive of all my wrasses.

Second would be any form of leopard.

I currently home a melanarus, yellow corris(H. chrysus), ornate leopard, red corris, black leopard, and pintail fairy. Acclimation boxes are a must when introducing new wrasses to an already established wrasse gang.

My yellow corris is most definitely the tank boss! He kicks the crap out of anyone that disrupts his tank tranquility. Even kicks the snot out of the melanarus when he starts his crap, even though melanarus is much larger then him.
Picture

Sean_B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with you having originally chosen the Melaranus, have you considered a Vrolik or a Richmond? maybe they are hard to come by? i have not heard/read much discussion on them

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back