ascheff

ascheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4466.jpg

(FTS July 2018)

It has been a long time since I last did an update. In the greater scheme of things, the tank is doing well. Over the past year I've battled bryopsis, cyano and most recently GHA. Only the GHA is hanging on in places, but it is mostly under control.

I've sadly also lost a few fish. Most of my pod-eaters are gone. I was warned that the wrasses would most likely out compete them for food, which likely happened. The two Dragonettes and one Dragonface Pipefish disappeared without a trace, and I found the second Dragonface Pipefish half eaten by a Trachyphyllia brain coral, still alive, but he didn't survive the night. I also lost my male Bluestripe Pipefish, although I suspect he might have died from old age - always carrying eggs taking its toll. I don't think they have a very long lifespan. The female is still doing great though. My Cynaeus Flasher Wrasse died from a suspected spinal injury, which possible happened when he jumped against my tank's bracing. My one-eyed female Bipartitus Leopard Wrasse was bullied and forced under the sand for almost two weeks by the female Lapillus wrasse, and only seen again when I finally found her dead. Lastly I had to remove my Solorensis wrasse, as he was getting very aggressive with the Mccoskeri Flasher Wrasse.

I have added quite a few new fish. I believe my tank is now probably at full capacity, so I'm not planning on adding any more, except for maybe some very small fishes like gobies. Well, that's the plan anyway. :whistling:

IMG_4265.jpg
IMG_4327.jpg
IMG_4332.jpg
IMG_4333.jpg
IMG_4344.jpg
IMG_4348.jpg
IMG_4352.jpg
IMG_4355.jpg
IMG_4359.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back