WTB BJB solderless connectors and optics holder

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the middle of finishing up my DIY LED and noticed that I didn't order enough of the BJB solderless connectors and the optic holders that go with them. I only need 3 of each and that's why I'm checking here to see if anyone may have some under the couch or laying around somehow. If not, I can order them online but I didn't want to do it unless I had to.

Attachments

• BJB connector.jpg
    BJB connector.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 157
  • CARCLO optic holder.jpg
    CARCLO optic holder.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 158

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mitch;

Let's see some more pics of the rack the LEDs are mounted on. Looks like U channel. What is the spacing between centers on the LEDs.

The reason I'm being so nosey is that I'm in the planning stages right now.

Thanx
H@rry

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harry! don't do it! at least not a full conversion. I like your corals the way they are.

Mitch, its looking good bro!

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, right now I'm burning 10 MHs in one room (13 in all). In order to keep the tank temp < 82 I have them come on at midnight and go off at 6 am when it is coolest. You can also imagine what I'm paying Huntsville Utilities for that power and the A/C to try to keep them cooled down.

I've been building DIY controllers based on Arduino for a little over a year. Over the past couple of weeks I've also built some LED drivers to work with them. The last one I built finally does all the dimming with ramp up and ramp down that I want. Now I'm trying to work out the layout and mounting.

Sorry bout the hijack Mitch. I really want to see some more pics of your "rack".

OP
OP
angrycubano

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thing Harry. I went with 4 inch centers and an ocassional 3 inch center on some. Since I'm putting an odd number of LEDs I had to put 4,5, and 6 LEDs on each rack. I will put up some pics tonight when I get back from work.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back