OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup! I really want to get some tanks like that for my water changes.

Where did you get them and about what’s the cost?

Thanks Bubba!

I got the tanks at a "local" plastic tank supplier called KY Tank. It was actually about an hour drive from where I'm at, but well worth it since shipping these things tends to cost more than the tanks do. The 50 gallon tanks (the 3 you see) were around $80 at the time. I think they've gone up a bit in the past several years, but believe they are still under $100. The shipping is the killer for sure.

I love having them! Pretty nice to always have water on hand and to do auto water changes!

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the LiveAquaria salt?

Good job on the glass holes. How did you get them soooo clean with so little chipping??

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 8 boxes of the liveaquaria salt over black Friday, so I'm just starting to use it. So far, so good! I like it's not dusty, mixes pretty fast and the parameters match the box so far! I was using Fritz before. I'm not sure if they are the same salt or not? I used to think they were, but the liveaquaria seems less dusty? Maybe just fresher batch since I'm sure they sell the heck out of it. I got the 205 gallon boxes for $28 shipped to my door.

Apreciate the compliment on the glass holes! I've done about a dozen holes in the past. I always use a new bit to start and finish the holes. After I do 2 or 3 holes I throw the bit in a box. Like with these holes I got a brand new bit, drilled one hole, then drilled the next and before I got to the end I switched to another brand new bit. I also taped the outsides with electrical tape. I use a toms aqualifter pump to keep water on the bit and just take my time. Using battery powered dewalt. When I get a little ways through on one side, just a scratch completely through the glass I make sure to take my time and keep the drill level/flush. Apply no pressure whatsoever and use a fresh bit to come through the rest of the way. I also use drills all the time for work and what not. I think that helps a bit, if someone doesn't use a drill often it's easy to get it catawampused.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup! I really want to get some tanks like that for my water changes.

Where did you get them and about what’s the cost?
Bubba - I ordered two tanks (a 55 gallon and a 25 gallon) from Rural King and both were shipped free! Its an awesome place to get the vertical tanks. I paid $120 for the 55, and $62 for the 25. I also picked up a local 35 gallon horizontal tank from tractor supply co. which was driving distance. (I have pics of the setup in an older thread if you hunt through my threads). Hope this helps.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubba - I ordered two tanks (a 55 gallon and a 25 gallon) from Rural King and both were shipped free! Its an awesome place to get the vertical tanks. I paid $120 for the 55, and $62 for the 25. I also picked up a local 35 gallon horizontal tank from tractor supply co. which was driving distance. (I have pics of the setup in an older thread if you hunt through my threads). Hope this helps.
I tried searching their site but can’t find them. Do you happen to have a link?

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaned my sand and powerheads today in the main display. I haven't added any corals upstairs in quite a while. The main tank has kinda looked crummy. I really can only attribute it to an algae breakout I had a few months ago. The acros polyps are retracted and just not growing very well. My frag tank is attached to the display, just down in the basement. All the frags look pretty good, not growing really fast, but look decent? I'm trying to keep it basic and ride it out.

20190125_193623-01.jpeg

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank shot.
Is that torch not harassing other corals?

Thank you! I got a new camera over Christmas, I just gotta figure out how to use it. These pics are all taken on my phone.

The torch does occasionally reach out and touch someone. It's fairly far away from most corals, but I have had to move a couple because of it as well. My wife likes the "flowy" corals so when we were getting this tank going and at the coral shop she would pick out some of the pieces. I don't mind them, they just take up a lot of room. I think I've got the main display on a good track now. I will hopefully start to put some more corals in it from the frag tank. I've been busy with a 16 month old and setting up the new growout, so the main display has just basically been sitting there. I also need some more fish, but always buy frags (and diapers lol) instead.

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never realized you were in Louisville. I am in Cincy and head to Louisville for work all the time. Might have to hit you up for trades sometime.

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never realized you were in Louisville. I am in Cincy and head to Louisville for work all the time. Might have to hit you up for trades sometime.

Yes sir! Just a ways down 71 from you. I'm on the northeast side of Louisville, about an hr up to Cincy. Hopefully this growout system goes as planned and I will have some decent stuff to trade!

OP
OP
WWIII

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my wire managment seems to be going backwards. As in getting less organized and more of a mess. I swear I will get it looking nice one of these days! I added anothet kh director for the new growout. Also had dinos take off since there's really no microfauna in the new setup. I think they transfered from my main display and took off a bit. I added a 55w jebao uv sterilizer and the dinos disappeared in a day. The acros are doing ok, we will see how it goes!

20190222_182548.jpg
20190222_154923.jpg

20190222_154754.jpg

Back