Xanthurums SPS collection

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@stylolvr thanks for taking a look at the build thread which desperately needs an update. Here you go, I'm hoping to get new clip on filters tomorrow so this will have to do for now.
20201226_195339.jpg

@Perry I am honored and humbled to have you checking out my corals.
Man, there is so much awesome in there. It will be amazing when everything starts filling in. So much to look forward to!!

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@stylolvr thanks for taking a look at the build thread which desperately needs an update. Here you go, I'm hoping to get new clip on filters tomorrow so this will have to do for now.
20201226_195339.jpg

My pleasure!
That tank is filling in nicely!!!
Just to let you know, that acid trip was one of my favorites in my last tank, and your color is spot on :) I have the asd rainbow now, it satisfies me as a replacement, but not quite the acid trip. I have just acquired the "event horizon milli " which seems to have similar colors, anyway, great piece you have there :)

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20201226_195339.jpg

Looking fantastic my friend!

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I figured before I show some growth pics I would post pics of the only 2 acros I have that did not come from Epic Aquaculture. 1 I got from @SloppyWhenWet in May of 2019 as a freebie with a pack of LPS I ordered. I put this thing thru the ringer and it stayed alive...barely. It has really started to get going and is pretty impressive. The best part is I'm probably the only person in AZ with this coral even though it is incredibly common in the Midwest. First pic is 10/19 second is today

Cliffs Acro
20201019_150242.jpg

20201228_110214.jpg

The other was from a local friend and its a no name Staghorn that is teal with lighter blue growth tips

20201019_150409.jpg

20201228_110747.jpg

driftin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice eye candy in there - do you know the multicolored SPS at 0:26 (fish had just swam directly over it) and the one in center frame at 0:32?

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@driftin at the 26 mark would be PC Rainbow and just for fun the fish was my Powder Blue/ Whitecheek hybrid. At 32 is Big R Candyland which is a real attention getter. Thanks for taking a look, things are finally not just frags anymore. Still a long way to go but it’s nice to see some growth happening.

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm sitting in my hotel in Indiana missing my wife, kids and reef. Been away for 10 days and still have at least 10 more to go before I head home again.. I video chatted with the family and figured I would treat you all with some new pics of some SPS. I have some new pieces but have yet to take pictures of all of them and I also just upgraded my lighting from EcoTech Marine Radion XR30 Gen 3 pros to XR30 Gen 5 pros and so far I am very impressed! I made the switch a little over a week before I left for Indiana which confirms that I'm crazy but I already knew that.

RRU Pink Cadillac
20201228_111125.jpg

Hawkins Echinata
20201231_160156.jpg

Here are some growth shots!
Cherry Bomb has been growing!
20210119_103205.jpg

Bahama Mama is impressing me with lots of new growth
20210119_103346.jpg

@Perry this one's for you, Acid Trip is laying out a base and sprouting new branches
20210119_103105.jpg

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man do I love this milli! You seem to be getting some other colors than orange and green, redish at the base, well done :) I have just gotten this one back in my system, it shipped rough, so hoping to get it happy :)
Keep the pics coming my friend!!!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff @Xanthurum I didn’t like a single pic here because I was too much in awe of the beautiful on display. Give me a chance to go back and like those pics when I get a second look at them. I too, like mixing zoas and acros together. The perfect match IMO.

martinphillip03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @RedReefer

@ScottB I have everything dialed in pretty well and somewhat automated even though I don't have an apex or any controller. The tank is pretty self sufficient and was designed to be easy to take care of because I don't want to be fiddling with it all the time. This was nice when I didn't travel but now that I do it allows my wife to handle things. She has gotten better at caring for things but if it wasn't easy she would be in trouble and so would the tank. I've only been home 5 days since election night. The only thing she does while I'm away is feed the fish, fill the ATO and test Alk once a week and if necessary adjust the doser. I do all the big maintenance when I'm home and usually do a big water change just before I leave to minimize the possibility of problems. Might need to post more pics now that I think about it
Wow, that tank must be dialed in to be away that much

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@martinphillip03 thanks for the kind words. I do my best to keep it that way. I feel like a lot of people tinker with their tanks too much and don't actually get to enjoy them. I know I've been guilty of it in the past but since I travel so much now I'm glad that the tank has been on cruz control.

I'm no longer in Indiana but woke up to this site in NE Tennessee
20210207_073127.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back