Xr15w gen4 settings?

NRG1337

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey man, will follow your thread, gonna get mine two xr15w's this week and replace my maxspect razor.

How high you put them above water surface?

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey man, will follow your thread, gonna get mine two xr15w's this week and replace my maxspect razor.

How high you put them above water surface?

About a foot and a half. It's a shallow tank so I don't need it penetrating a lot

NRG1337

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks ... i will try 8" high.

Did you tried the LPS Preset? How do you like the lamps? Are you pleased?

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id try out one of their corallab settings pick the one that goes for what you plan on doing most i believe im running ab+

ReefBeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second the coral lab settings. I use the Coral Lab LPS setting over my 30g shallow tank.

My Hammer and Frog spawns have loved it since I set it up 5 months.
I have SPS near the top that have been encrusting and growing well.

Only issue I have run into is that my zoas have stagnated but I havent figured out why, some are on the edges of my tank getting less light and some are in the high par zones.

Also, my anenome has looked awesome and is now 6 months in my tank. I had not been able to keep one with my old cheap chinese LEDs I had before.

ReefBeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on what light you had before, crank up the intensity slowly as well. I ran into an algae growth problem early with these lights. Luckily I had no issue with bleaching. My tank is 14" deep and I only run mine at about 30%

NRG1337

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for youre input!

Got my package today. Opened it up. Everything was there ... The Radions, the Brackets, the RMS Rail and what is missing ... THE HANGING KIT. Could cry -.-

Will run the lps preset too and gonna start with 20% ...

How does it looks like? Very blue look?

ReefBeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't think the LPS is too blue but it's definitely on the blue side for parts of the day. Just to preface that comment I'm red/green colorblind so my opinion probably doesn't matter. I just know I love the way my fish and my coral look under the light

NRG1337

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lamps are in action now and all i have to say ... oh my god maxspect razor has absolutely nothing to compare.

The light is incredible nice to me. Never saw my corals with those colors before.

Now i really have to be careful and start slowly ... set intensity to 40% with 4 weeks acclimatisation mode on 50%

I love the blue look, but not the whole day and the lps setting seems like all about blue. Maybe trying the radiant color setting with a peak.

OP
OP
Joeganja

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to setup my lagoon, do you feel a single xr15 pro is enough for yours?

Of course man. I have mine on 25%
IMG_4309.JPG

Here's 100%
IMG_4731.JPG

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back