Xr30w gen 1 settings

darksideofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I downgraded a few months ago and I have a nuvo 40 with a gen1 radion xr30w.(lights a upgrade even tho its old) I have it set to the ab+ setting. What should my over all intensity be?
thanks

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump

Can you list your coral to give an idea of the light requirement they will need

OP
OP
D

darksideofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch, frogspawn, hammer, mushrooms and zoas, birdsnest, green digi, jedi mind tricks undated, red hot setosa, bubble gum digi, elk horn, random acro toadstool, candy cane, chalices, blasto.

Mandrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also following along, just got my hands on 2 gen2 XR30W and set them on AB+ im setting up a 75g mixed reef. the plan is mostly LPS, some SPS, and probably a clam down the road.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Gen 1 (about 10' above the waterline over our mixed nano tank, it's hooked up to our classic Neptune on a custom schedule. We run blue light throughout the day, intensity at the peak times 11pm - 4pm is no more than 40%, Blue, Royal blue and UV are at 100%, Green 40%, Red 5%, CW 25%. I'll pull the schedule from apex if you're interested .

OP
OP
D

darksideofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BighohoReef that would be awsome. I have it mounted with the rsm mount. The stock ab+ setting I put it to had it running at 75% I tuned it down to o think 65% or 55% but feel it was still kind of high.

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@darksideofthereef I don't know if you've read this article on Melev's reef but it helped me build my schedule. He is running a gen 2 but was very informative. I would also recommend renting a par meter to get readings of all the spaces in your tank so that you have a general idea of what areas run the highest and lowest.

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@darksideofthereef I don't know if you've read this article on Melev's reef but it helped me build my schedule. He is running a gen 2 but was very informative. I would also recommend renting a par meter to get readings of all the spaces in your tank so that you have a general idea of what areas run the highest and lowest.

Is that file in the Apex files somewhere? Or would that have to be loaded though Ecotech live?

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that file in the Apex files somewhere? Or would that have to be loaded though Ecotech live?
I think it has to be loaded to EcoSmart either way you should be able to manual copy the schedule to apex

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back