YALL what the heck IS THIS

Skay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking over my tank and find this tube thing next to my kenya tree? it’s not apart of the frag is mounted on the rock, i saw it a few days ago but left it alone thinking it was part of the coral then tonight it see it PULSATING please anyone got an id? i was tapping it with my turkey baster and the tube is super rigid and there’s something inside there! am i nuking this thing or should i leave it be?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me looks like a large vermetid snail. Is that tube hard? They can be problematic with corals, spreading their webbing around to collect (and digest) food while irritating corals. Can spread fairly rapidly in the tank. Some recommend bumblebee snails, some say hit or miss.

I take coral/bone cutters and chop them off at the base (which is usually spiral-like shell fastened tight to the rocks or coral skeletons). If at a bad angle, I just keep breaking off their tubes or you can dab some superglue on the tube and they will starve.

OP
OP
Skay

Skay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me looks like a large vermetid snail. Is that tube hard? They can be problematic with corals, spreading their webbing around to collect (and digest) food while irritating corals. Can spread fairly rapidly in the tank. Some recommend bumblebee snails, some say hit or miss.

I take coral/bone cutters and chop them off at the base (which is usually spiral-like shell fastened tight to the rocks or coral skeletons). If at a bad angle, I just keep breaking off their tubes or you can dab some superglue on the tube and they will starve.
yea it’s a hard tube, take care of it then thank you

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i keep bumblebee snails mostly cause i like diversity but i also hardly have problems with these anymore
but before i kept them the super glue truck worked perfectly

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY Coral Snow helps some too by clogging their tubes

Dal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, is this calcium carbonate good please, as i cant find any in UK apart this one

Attachments

• 1699899460094.png
    1699899460094.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 1699899460331.png
    1699899460331.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 10

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back