Yellow assessor

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine for about two months and initially he was shy for a couple weeks. Now that he's comfy and knows I bring food he's out and about every time I come by. I'd say a week isn't unusual for this particular fish, just keep watching and feeding. Maybe keep an eye out during late evening or early morning to see if you can catch a glimpse of him.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, I've had one and I was lucky enough that mine enjoyed a cave right in plain view. Once he settled in, he was out and about more often -especially at feeding time.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one for 7-8 years. I rarely see it, except during feeding time. He stays in one part of the tank.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for a number of years. It was shy the first few months, but eventually became very bold, not even hiding when I would do tank maintenance.

Stubaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine for a long time now... close to a year now and he was in my 80 at first and was very timid. He only came out after lights went off and everyone else was in bed! Lol... went on for about 6 months! I then put him into the 180 along with all my other fish and he has been out ever since! Take a good look threw the tank at night at different times and see if he is out! Hope you do find him!

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine for about two years. Active swimmer- swims and sleeps upside down :) likes the caves tend to hide at times.
Any fish that is bullying the Assessor?

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Yellow Assessors and a Randall's Assessor in a 150 gallon. Had them for about a year. They're quite fickle. Sometimes one or the other will stay hidden for weeks, sometimes they come out at feeding time, sometimes they'll be out in the middle of the day.

Chelsie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think these fish are great nano fish. I had one in my 22 long and it was bright and active. Didn't bother my sexy shrimp. Hardy as well. Might not see it in a bigger tank.

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assumed my Randall's Assessor had died when I didn't see it for 6 months enter I got it. Then one day it was out swimming around like nothing was wrong. I know it had to be eating but it might st have found a cave where food made it in. I have had him several years now and he is always out. Like eatbreakfast, mine stays out when I am doing maintenance. It even swims within get inches of my hand. Hopefully your assessor comes out sooner than 6 months.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back