Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse

austin_socal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2024
Messages
418
Reaction score
165
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone,
I was wondering if you thought that a sixline wrasse could be compatible with a yellow banded wrasse in my 25gal lagoon. he is fairly chill and has never messed with a fish, only shrimp lol.
(I have a sixline wrasse and I'm looking to get the yellow banded)
TIA :)
 
I wouldn't try it in a tank that size. I keep both of those fish and they are fine but the tank is 84x30x25" and they have plenty of rock to cruise without having to be close to eachother.
thanks. its a beautiful fish but I don't want them to be stressed so I'll hold off
 
I would not put these two together. The yellow banded wrasse is a shy fish and normally hiding behind the rockwork and they will be stressed by a sixline wrasse IMO. You need a much larger aquarium for these two together and I´m not sure if it helps if the sixline was the first fish in the tank

Sincerely Lasse
 
I have two of both of those fish with no problems but my tank is 125 gallons. I am not sure what would happen in such a small tank



 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new