Yellow clown goby pair

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone kept a pair? I’m considering two yellow clown gobies in a 6 gallon. I know the tank would be able to handle their small bio load, but I don’t know whether one goby will end up stressing out the other till it dies.

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone kept a pair? I’m considering two yellow clown gobies in a 6 gallon. I know the tank would be able to handle their small bio load, but I don’t know whether one goby will end up stressing out the other till it dies.
I have a much larger tank, 235g, however I kept a pair of Citrons and with all the space available to them they chose to stick together in a small spot of the tank. They were bought and introduced separately as well. I actually ended up with a male and female that eventually spawned fairly frequently.

As long as you have a back up plan in case they don’t get along personally I wouldn’t be afraid to try them in your tank.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try to figure out the difference between male and female, one of each might have a better chance than 2 of the same, if it makes a difference IDK

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a much larger tank, 235g, however I kept a pair of Citrons and with all the space available to them they chose to stick together in a small spot of the tank. They were bought and introduced separately as well. I actually ended up with a male and female that eventually spawned fairly frequently.

As long as you have a back up plan in case they don’t get along personally I wouldn’t be afraid to try them in your tank.
Thank you!

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try to figure out the difference between male and female, one of each might have a better chance than 2 of the same, if it makes a difference IDK
Yeah they’re hermaphrodites and the dominant will turn into a male. I just didn’t know if 6 gallons is too small of a space while they’re pairing up

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally keep 2 of them. As was said, one will become a male. They spawn constantly on acropora and kill it with their eggs. You can see her eggs above her here.

Here is a newborn gobi.

OP
OP
Corey Shelk

Corey Shelk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally keep 2 of them. As was said, one will become a male. They spawn constantly on acropora and kill it with their eggs. You can see her eggs above her here.

Here is a newborn gobi.

Omg it’s tiny! Do you think they keep acros? I wasn’t planning on keeping any

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do not need acros.

Tumey

Reefer With A Broken Brain ( TBI Survivor )
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine liked to perch on top of different LPS in my tank and the female deposited her eggs right on the glass

firehawk922

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1263.jpeg

firehawk922

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One went to hide this one is still acting like nothing happened

Attachments

• IMG_1306.png
    IMG_1306.png
    998.3 KB · Views: 26

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back