Yellow tang acting crazy!

brandon2156vw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help! My yellow tang is acting crazy! I recently move the rock around in my tank and added a 2nd AI prime light to my tank and a power head. As soon as it was finished my tang went crazy he is completely freaked out. He has shredded his fins going behind the rock. When the lights were off last night and this morning he was ok. I keep the tank covered cuz my lights down come on tell 1pm. They just came on and I uncovered the tank. As soon as I didn’t he went back into panic mode. I’ve had him for about 6 months super healthy. Eating great. And now I’m worried every min he’s gonna be dead. I don’t know what to do. I have the tank covered again and he’s a tad less freaked out out.

image.jpg image.jpg

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your Ammonia/Nitrate/Phosphate levels just in case something spiked.

Most likely he is stressed out because you significantly altered its environment. Lower the light intensity and turn down the powerhead if you can. Give it time to adjust.

OP
OP
B

brandon2156vw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dead :( sadly. He started to do a little better, eating, fins healing. But I could not uncover the tank. I turned the lighting down. I made sure he had algae lower in the tank. Then then he freaked out again when took the cover off about 5 days after this started. He shredded his fins slamming into everything. Then eventually got himself stuck in the back. I had no choice but the start pulling rock out to get to him. I transferred into a QT tank, but I knew he wasn’t going to make it. He died about 12 hours later. I don’t know what caused it other then I moved some stuff around. He was healthy had him for about 6 months.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back