Yellow tang alternative?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the input guys. What’s everyone’s opinion on the flame tang?? I was thinking going flame tang for utility and foxface for the color. Not trying to buy a $200 fish in a new system
Flame (tomini) is a popular recommendation. They are one of the smaller tangs. Like the other Ctenochaetus, they are good grazers but mostly eat film/slime/detritus.

OP
OP
D

dirtyxducks19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that’s the route I’m going to take. I’d like to stick to the smaller tangs since my tank is tall and not long. 70gallon. I know tangs like lots of swimming room so I don’t want to be that owner who can’t provide. Many people have gotten away with blue tangs, etc in a smaller tank by swapping them out when they get too big but I’m a strong believe in my pets being part of the family. You don’t give up on family because it’s hard or cost you money. I don’t want to give up on my fish either. They all have names :) My dogs are like my children. Hence I dont want want to rid of any fish I bring home because of fish size in the future or an inadequate system.

I think I’ve decided I’m going to go with a flame tang and a fox face as my two ‘big fish’. The purple tang is definitely one of my ‘one day’ fish but I want my tank to be well established before I place a $200 fish in it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back