Yellow Tang Help! ASAP!!!!!!

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a fish go blind? My yellow tang is acting really really weird. She is the only fish with a problem. She is swimming real slow with her head facing up. If she bumps into a rock or the glass she freaks out. Plus she's not to have much strength. When she gets near the return or powerhead it just pushes her back. The system is a 125 gallon with a lieutenant tang, two clowns, brusa trigger, and a Puffer. She has no damage to her fins. But does not seem to want to eat. The tank is a FOWLR and has nitrates. She is about 6". I don't think it would be good to move her to the reef tank because that tank is only 3' long. What should I do?

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's her diet? Mostly consist of ? If it's meaty high protien more than veggie her liver and kidneys could have became saturated with fat which does cause tangs and butterflyfish go blind cand remember the exact name of the disease but that's the result?

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have a frag tank or anywhere you could move her too? if so do it now turn the lights to low even during the day time hours, very low light and flow. Keep your water as stable as you can

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back