Yellow tangs.....How many?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think divers den is selling them as a trio cause they school together?
They sell yellow tang trios often.
I would hope so, they have a pretty good track record with this so no reason to really doubt them. But as these fish get bigger their temperaments change so obviously its hard to gauge that far into the future. Always good to have a backup plan

Cleo642

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would hope so, they have a pretty good track record with this so no reason to really doubt them. But as these fish get bigger their temperaments change so obviously its hard to gauge that far into the future. Always good to have a backup plan
Why did you change your profile pic? I know you by the powder blue tang, now it's too different. Lol

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why did you change your profile pic? I know you by the powder blue tang, now it's too different. Lol

@revhtree told me to change it. Threatened to ban me hahahahaha

alamo28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get as many as you want! Add them in odd numbers though. Yellow tangs are a schooling fish! so if you were to have 5-7 they would be fine and also fun to watch

OP
OP
Gwitness

Gwitness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for the input!! It will either be 1 or 3 still haven't decided yet but if I go for 3 I will get all at the same time and I'll get them fairly small if that even matters

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider that yellow tangs are still not captive bred.

Also consider that you can't find anybody keeping these in the fashion you mentioned long term - six months is a blip in time for a fish capable of living 15-20 years.

Merely getting them to not kill each other or something else in the tank for a while is more like a stunt.

I would shoot for one and consider keeping him alive long-term the only marker for success. $0.02

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I have not tried for many years, I could never get a stable group of yellow tangs. One seems to work much better. Plus, as somebody noted earlier, why use up all your tang 'credits' on the same fish. So many wonderful choices.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back