You guys need to know!!!

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to point out a few people who put in a lot of time and effort into making the swap what it was!

Ryan Schooley pulled everything together and got everyone moving when we couldn't seem to get going and also a lot more.

Brandon Knapp was there busting his tail to get everything setup and running and then make sure everything was going well during the event.

Jay Michaelson did so much, I'm honestly not sure what all he did! He was our liason to the church and the Critter and coordinated a LOT of the venue, the main raffle prize, the water deliveries, etc. Every time something was brought up that needed to be done, half the time Jay had already done it or was about to do it.

Brad McCarty handed out door prize tickets. :tongue:

Nate Williams helped setup on Friday, went to pickup Scott late, he and Shasta very graciously hosted Scott this weekend, and then had a very early morning this morning to get him back to the airport.

Kevan, Chris, Brandon K., Ryan, Jay, Nate, Josh , John, Scott Simpson, Trina, Tony, Lindsey, and probably several other people that I am forgetting (please forgive me, I'm trying to remember everyone! :) ) put in a lot of effort into the swap. A lot of them took time off of their jobs on Friday to setup and spent all day Saturday volunteering and then taking down. We cannot thank these people enough.

Without members like these, the swap doesn't exist. Plain and simple. Please be sure to tell these people thank you next time you see them. The only "payment" BOD members receive is that they don't have to pay their dues the year they serve. So $20. That's it. :) Let's all support the club and the new BOD coming in and have a great year next year! Here's to another year of more tanks, corals, and fish and the knowledge to make them thrive. :)

(/end cheesy speech)

Brandon

Last edited:

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the hard work, we (the reefing community) owe you a bit gratitude! The event was fantastic for Yanni and I.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brandon for the post and thanks to all of the volunteers! If it were not for all of the volunteers who rallied together this definitely wouldn't have been made possible.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back