Your favorite fish for around $50 or under…go!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make a list of the fish I want then start crossing them off the list based on price I'm willing to pay, care requirments etc. There are a lot of fish for under $50. Will they be fish you want to watch for the next few years or longer? I love my two damsels, yellow belly and a yellow tail. Also have a yellow tail chromis and a six line all under $50. They are all in a 180g with large tangs and the few people I have had visit comment on the blue of the damsels. My mother looks at a tank with a yellow tang and CBB and asked about the darn mollies saying how cute they are. So there go, 15 mollies for around $50 and they are good algae eaters:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting back into the hobby I’ve realized that prices are outrageous now. That said, I know we don’t mind spending big money for the right fish, but I was wondering what you’d all recommend for fish in and around the $50 mark or under. Looking to add some new fish that won’t break the bank, but are still really cool. My tank is a ProStar 90, but feel free to post for any size tank. Thanks!
Azure and yellow tail damselfish

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the lawn mower. Falco Hawk is very cool, I paid 55.00 for a one spot foxface don't know how much they are today. Another cool fish is the tail spot Blenny. I've had great luck with the yellow tail damsel as long as it is only one in the tank. Yellow wrasse are beautiful and fun to watch.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
McDonald's_Filet-O-Fish_sandwich_(1).jpg

$4.95 sandwich only

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting back into the hobby I’ve realized that prices are outrageous now. That said, I know we don’t mind spending big money for the right fish, but I was wondering what you’d all recommend for fish in and around the $50 mark or under. Looking to add some new fish that won’t break the bank, but are still really cool. My tank is a ProStar 90, but feel free to post for any size tank. Thanks!
Does it count if you accidentally brought it for (the equivalent of) under $50?
My LFS didn’t know they had this guy in and I got it for 3/4 the price it originally was at $30…
8EC4B2DE-54C9-4AB2-B910-B21BDC920E1C.jpeg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back