Your favorite gobies?

Metalhead670

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been interested in gobies lately, they are small and interesting fish with a lot of color. Really good for nano tanks depending on size of fish and tank. My favorite gobies are firefish, clown gobies, and neon blue gobies. What type of gobies do you like, and if you have any, feel free to share pictures. :)

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been interested in gobies lately, they are small and interesting fish with a lot of color. Really good for nano tanks depending on size of fish and tank. My favorite gobies are firefish, clown gobies, and neon blue gobies. What type of gobies do you like, and if you have any, feel free to share pictures. :)
Two spots for me; can really move the sand

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a tiger watchman on Wednesday. Was doing great and today it was in the back chamber of the AIO QT tank. dang gobies are jumpers and will find the smallest escape. It’s alive. Hopefully all good.

7F9C2C33-888A-46AD-A042-6A09EEE37C69.jpeg

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twin-spots can be a challenge to keep thriving in aquaria - may need to be fed from the tip of a turkey-baster or some such. Every day. Forever.
Catalina gobies are gorgeous - but they're coldwater fish, and may not last long in a reef.
Various "watchmen" are available, Yasha, Blackray, Wheelers, Aurora and Flagtail, in addition to the hardy and nearly ubiquitous yellow watchman. Those guys will love the addition of the correct species of pistol shrimp, with which they'll pair up an share a burrow.
On the rocks, look at the many species of clown goby (can damage corals while nesting / laying eggs), the green-banded goby and the little Trimma gobies.

~B.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The shrimp gobies by far. Yellow Watchman, Randall’s, Wheeler’s, Orange Spotted, Pink Spotted etc.

Followed by the Dartfish: Blue Gudgeon, Scissortail, Zebra, and some of the rarer ones.

Purple and Helfrichi Firefish > the red one but too skittish.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live the yasha goby and some firefihs

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a tiger watchman on Wednesday. Was doing great and today it was in the back chamber of the AIO QT tank. dang gobies are jumpers and will find the smallest escape. It’s alive. Hopefully all good.

7F9C2C33-888A-46AD-A042-6A09EEE37C69.jpeg
Where did you find it I have been looking out for them and can’t find any my tank is not done cycling but I have been going to fish stores for a long time and have never seen one

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back