Your Favorite Small Nano Tank Fish ?

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yasha Goby / Pistol shrimp is my favorite combo. I had one for a couple of years but it took more than 6 months for the Goby to start coming out (he was in a 90 gallon).

I had a flaming prawn in my 2gallon pico since they are "the" pico fish. While beautiful I never ever saw him even in a 2 gallon other than when I moved rock to do a water change.

jkimballer29g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The orange tail damsel mainly based off color. Which changes in tones of vivid blue. But the orange tail and under body remains the same. They are a hardy fish. Swim all over the tank. Eats often (every thing you feed) and usually plays well with others. Along with any other damsels. Such as a velvet which are also pretty cool ones. I feel that damsels get a bad rep some times. But they are pretty good fish.Best if added after of fish are established.
Clown fish because they are also hardy fish. They often host corals or anemones. Mine seemed to have decided my Duncan corals will be home. And often reside there and play around. Which is pretty fun to watch. You could get two and watch as their relationship grows. Hope they pair up and breed.Also they have amazing color and nice patterns on the body. Which is some thing I enjoy about them.

Blue spotted goby, colorful fish. It's a supprise when you see one. Or at least mine. He has quite the tunnel system under my rock work. Remians there about 80% of the time. I think if you can get a small one he'd do alright for a while in a nano!

All these fish can live for a number of years. Under the right care and environment! Which is a plus and means if you want one for a pet. Expect to be in it for the long haul! @chopsie

IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2071.JPG

the_reef_keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PSLReefer
okay here's were that gets complicated
I can't find a source that gives me exactly what I want

LA-
Sexless
14 day guarantee
Blue zoo-
Sexed
No guarantee

For my pipefish build I want a pair. I think I'm going to get 4 from LA (for the guarantee) to increase my chances of a pair. Then sell the extra two as quarenteed and eating frozen.

NickNiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've currently got a pair of False Perc clowns paired with an anemone, and they are quickly growing on me.

As for the "coolest" fish I've had, with a very funny personality, was a Starry Blenny.

Gaines69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say my mandarin Kermit. Second has to be my baby clown Princess Leia. She has such personality. I was a little scared to get a anemone so I got a fake one and she sleeps in it every night. I also love my watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair. They are both out all the time.
9c07ece52eb2ba99c8dd5d1514ac9c26.jpg

0a4f518bd8947994dc4028f1e18f8456.jpg

Don't have pics of my goby and pistol shrimp. ( Goby - Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker) but I love watching them dig tunnels all over the tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back